Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number of ports on the new Ultra hub

Compositesman
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have recently updated to the Ultra, but it only has three LAN ports one at  2.5G and the other 2 at 1G. I have used one of the 1G to connect to the TV.  The other 1G is used for an extension to a garden room as the network would not reach that far. The 2.5 has been split to support a WD hard drive and my home network. Is there a better way of doing this? Last night my daughter could not use Netflix if we were also watching on another TV. This may all be down to bandwidth as we are not yet on fibre, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Ripshod
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

"Last night my daughter could not use Netflix if we were also watching on another TV"

Try disabling IPv6 on the router. Netflix may be detecting the two different IPs as two different connections. IPv6 give every device it's own IP whereas IPv4 devices all share the same IPv4 WAN address.

If you need more physical connections my  suggestion for the network is a cheap switch from amazon. Like this

Friendly Amazon link 

Thanks for this. Would you use the 1g or the 2.5G port on the ultra?

I'd use a 1Gb port and hold the 2.5Gb port back for something that can use it to it's full. But it doesn't really matter network wise 

Thank you very much for your help.