Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

ORDI Request

Ja7Ja7R
4: Newbie

Recently i have tried placing an order with another ISP.  I cannot get the the speeds avaliabe to me from them (but only with thos one specific ISP,rest ISPs are fine i can order the highest speed avaliable to me online with any ISP apart from the one i want to go with they are offering me a lower speed and want to wait until my service with them goes live then they will submit the ORDI request and upgrade my speed) as this is apparantley due to Address mismatch although i have never heard of this kind of thing before nor had this problem ever in the past regarding Gold & Silver Addresses.I chatted with Vodafone agent and they advised me to go to openreach web site and log in and submit ORDI request. I have since found out that Customers cannot do this only the ISPs can. The ISP i am considering moving to is not being very helpful either. Can someone please look into this for me please. I asked the Advisor on Live chat was my was my Address a Gold or Silver Address they replied "i CANNOT TELL YOU THAT INFORMATION". Can someone that knows how to solve this please help,thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I can understand how this must be frustrating for you @Ja7Ja7R 

On a recent thread located here Silver-account-status-to-gold-status the Vodafone Moderator advised “ as a provider we don't process ORDI requests. The option to process ORDI requests differs between providers- some do and some don'tIf you find another provider who'll raise an ORDI request, this would put the phone line in a position that we could take over for you afterwards.

I would suggest to speak with the Vodafone Broadband Team on 08080 034 515  (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week for clarification to see if the above advice has changed in any way.

The Vodafone Social Media Team's can be contacted on Twitter and Facebook via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I wish you all the best with this however you wish to proceed with ISP choice.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/telephoneHome

CabinetTest.png

So you may be able to find out from the above link(s) what speeds are likely, and the address ?????

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/downloads/dialogue_services_product_guide.pdf

An extract from section 3.....................

3. Address matching
The purpose of the Address Matching Dialogue Service is to find an address recognised by Openreach
systems, provide Openreach with an address, or an update to an existing address, when the CP places a
provide.
The Address Matching tool allows you to search for an address and obtain a matched address reference,
known as an Address Key (ALK). This service allows an address or part of an address to be matched against
either an installation address known by Openreach (a Gold match) or the Post Office Address File or the
Address Base Premium or the Pointer files for addresses from UK local authorities(a Silver match). Gold
matches will have an associated Gold ALK reference. Where an Openreach installation address is not found a
Post Office Address File or an Address Base Premium or a Pointer filematch might still be successful.
This service also allows you to create a temporary ‘Silver ALK’ or ‘Bronze ALK’ for use in order placements
against a Post Office Address or an Address Base Premium or a Pointer File address (a Silver match) or an
unknown address/ Greenfield site (a Bronze match).
The address reference number returned by the Address Matching Dialogue Service is a 12 character key and
will be in the following format:
© British Telecommunications PLC Page 11
 Gold ALK
 1 Alpha
 11 Numeric
 Silver or Bronze ALK
 x = an alphabetic value indicating if the key is Silver (S) or Bronze (B)
 yy = Numeric value for current year (e.g. 13 = 2013)
 ddd = Julian day value for current day (e.g. 007 = 7th January, 365 = 31st December)
 nnnnnn = Sequential number uniquely allocated that day to Temporary Key (e.g. 000001 = First
Temporary Key created that day)

So the ISP should be able to get an install done via OpenReach, even on new builds.

If in doubt please ask.

Hi and thanks for the input and advice. I have never had any issues before switching ISPs. On this occasion I am trying to join BT. I can and have placed a Fibre broadband order with them,but they can only offer me up to 40mbps ( but it's actually 50mbps they are offering me) when i order online ,but they can offer me thre up to 80mbps order if I order by telephone but I am missing out on loyalty offer as I am going through third party web site. But even going direct to ISPs website it still only offers me up to 40,Mbps all other ISPs can offer me the higher 80mbps no matter where I place the order .The  BT ADSL checker confirms I can get up to 80mbps when I check with my telephone number. My proposed ISP won't do the ORDI request until my service with them goes live not before. It was Openreach on Twitter that suggested the ORDI request be made .I did have have installation booked with new ISP for the higher 80mbps but I cancelled it a few days before. Now I am trying to reorder the same product from the same supplier and it is available but at a lower speed so I have no idea what the issue is tbh. I have spoken to BT in great lengths about this order discrepancy but they have advised to order highest speed available then once the service is active then they can upgrade my spped to 80mbos but again I am missing out on a better loyalty offer as the 80mbps offer I cannot do this online with this ISP other ISPs no problem at all just BT.