main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

PfSense Vodafone Gigafast router replacement

2: Seeker

Has anyone replaced their gigafast router with PfSense?

My setup is as follows and my experince with PfSense is limited 

re0 - Wan

re1 - Lan

I have connected the ethernet from the FTTP wall mounted box to re0 on the PfSense machine.

On the WAN port I have setup as a PPPOE and entered by login details and alos setup a VLAN tag 911 (I was told this is the correct tag by Vodafone customer service).

I have attempted to get this setup to work for the last few hours but feel I am missing something, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hey @bendomigan thanks for getting in touch 😊 Our Gigafast team will be able to help you with this. You can call them from any Vodafone mobile on 191 or alternatively calling them on 0333 304 0191. 

View more options
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

Genuinely think that the Pfsense community is probably your best option for an answer on this.  A quick search though does suggest that you are not the first to face an issue trying to get Pfsense to express a VLAN ID on the Intenet port.

@Dabbs, I really feel that I ought to be making a bet with you that tech support can't solve this one!

View more options