Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Renewing or upgrading my Fibre Broadband

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

My Vodafone broadband minimum term has just a few months remaining. I use my own Mesh router and have a static IP. Should I decide to renew or upgrade to a higher tier broadband plan with Vodafone will I lose my static IP and will my PPoE username and password credentials change?

5 REPLIES 5

Jayach

Are you currently of FTTP or FTTC, and if FTTC is the phone line digital? (I'm assuming the phone is digital, as you have been active on some of the VoIP posts)

I doubt there will be any change if you renew, but an upgrade may trigger a change, but being Vodafone, who can be sure?

WelshPaul

I’m FTTP. Currently on their 100mb offering.

Jayach

In that case, as there will only be a change to the contracted speed, I would think it unlikely anything else should change.

I believe @Ripshod recently made the same change, perhaps they could advise?

Ripshod

Yes, there will be no change other than the speed, and that should seamlessly happen between 2 and 4 am on your activation date. 

In my case I doubled my speed from 100 to 200 Mbps, and saved a few pennies.

There's no need to wait for the end of your current contract - there will be no early termination charge. 

WelshPaul

Thank you for the information, most helpful. 👍

I don't know if I'm going to stay with Vodafone just yet. I don't need or want a speed increase tbh, 100MB tier suits my needs but no way am I paying the best part of £40 a month for it. Vodafone's retention offerings are nothing special and if I did take up an offer, five months or so from now, I would get hit with a 15% annual price hike. I will start shopping around after Christmas and compare prices then. If I do end up staying, I now know their should be no interruptions to my service.