Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Static IP Set up TP Link Wireless Router

Mrapatel
2: Seeker

I've just purchased a TP Link Vr600 v3 router and have managed to connect to the Internet with PPPOE connection type. 

I need to connect now by static IP. All I've been provided by Vodafone is a static IP address. However the router is asking for more than that. I called technical support and they were unable to help me. Apart from the IP address, the router is asking for:

Subnet Mask

Gateway

DNS Server

Secondary DNS Server (optional) 

Attached image is the settings it is asking for. Hoping someone can help! 

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I would have expected if you have a static IP it would be handled by Vodafone's DHCP server. I.E. you should still use auto. 

DSs1985

Hi Mr Patel

i have just purchased the same but have no luck in connecting. I am using my Vodafone Supplied Username and password and settings recommended.

Apologies but can you help me? I am not very IT literate and did try to connect my gigafast direct from the Openreach box (to the WAN/LAN port) but my internet LED light remains orange. I literally have no idea and have searched for days and you seem to be the only other person who has tried this router. 

it possible, please can you provide me with a step by step on what to do:

ie Step 1 - connect THIS PORT via Ethernet to the open reach box etc.

I have checked all of the old posts but have no luck. I’m not sure if I should be connecting via the Vodafone HUB or just via direct to the internet!

thank you