main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Super wifi booster lights

Knighty777
3: Seeker

Hi all,could someone please tell me why the lights on my super wifi booster constantly flash green?

Thanks in advance 🙂

View more options
19 REPLIES 19
Jayach
16: Advanced member

I don't actually have a booster, but normally lights on such devices flash to show the passage of data.

I think there have been a couple of versions of the booster already, plus the one with Alexa. Does yours have a model number?

View more options
Knighty777

Hi 👋 

It's the new booster with the alexa built in. There's 3 led like lights on the front which flash blue when you speak to alexa. But they consistently flash bright green. Can't seem to locate model number on the unit itself.

Thanks 👍 

View more options
HappyNomad
14: Advanced member

@Knighty777 wrote:

Hi 👋 

It's the new booster with the alexa built in. There's 3 led like lights on the front which flash blue when you speak to alexa. But they consistently flash bright green. Can't seem to locate model number on the unit itself.

Thanks 👍 

If the green flashing light is Alexa then you have an incoming call or an active drop in.  If it is the booster (rather than Alexa) then who knows?

See here for Alexa's green light….  https://www.diysmarthomesolutions.com/why-is-my-amazon-echo-flashing-blinking-spinning-green-incomin... 

View more options
Knighty777

Yes booster with alexa built in when alexa enabled its blue. But all day and night flashing green lights they don't stop flashing. Hopefully someone will know but thanks for the reply and link appreciated 👍

View more options
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Hey @Knighty777 - from the sound of the flashing green light, it could be that it's trying to connect to the router. When you set them up you need to have the Vodafone app open and it'll guide you to the best place to put the booster.

The best team to contact would be our Wi-Fi Xperts, you can give them a call using 191 from a Vodafone mobile and if you pop in your landline number will be routed through to them 😊

View more options
Knighty777

That's great thankyou 🙂

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a rule of thumb on networking equipment if it's flashing green its working, if its flashing orange you may need to check, and flashing red usually means a problem!

View more options
HappyNomad

Is the flashing green light Alexa driven or is it WiFi booster driven?  Alexa uses lights of various colours to indicate events or statuses that require some form of user interaction.  On most Amazon non-screen Echo devices, the light is a ring that either spins or flashes.  
Presumably, the Alexa feature in the booster has some similarity in the way it informs the user that intervention is required.

What the lights mean:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GKLDRFT7FP4FZE56 

Green Flashing Light 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GU4TQDYY72ZKX9LL 

View more options
Jayach

The crazy thing is Vodafone are suppling these devices, but they don't provide any instructions on their use. (at least I can't find any online)

There should be someway to tell if the LEDs are the device reporting status or Alexa.

View more options
Knighty777

That's correct. Nothing in the box at all instruction wise or to tell you light statuses. Also nothing i can find online either and that automatic bot live chat is useless lol.Also vodafone unfortunately don't know either why the lights are persistently flashing green. It's working but as the booster Is in the bedroom it's just frustrating the constant flashing. 

View more options
HappyNomad

Just looked at the Technicolor website… no user manual but interestingly, it informs that the booster is WiFi 6…

https://www.technicolor.com/news/connectedhome/technicolor-connected-home-teams-up-with-vodafone-to-... 

… which doesn't help with the OP’s flashing problem 😉

Seems you can switch Alexa off and just have the booster function - that may give a pointer as to which component is flashing at you.  If the light stops, its Alexa.  If it doesn’t stop, it is the booster sort of thing.  ???
https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Broadband/Pro-Broadband/1699049592/Can-I-use-my-Super-WiFi-Plus-witho... 

View more options
Jayach

@HappyNomad wrote:

Just looked at the Technicolor website… no user manual but interestingly, it informs that the booster is WiFi 6…

https://www.technicolor.com/news/connectedhome/technicolor-connected-home-teams-up-with-vodafone-to-... 

… which doesn't help with the OP’s flashing problem 😉

Great find @HappyNomad

Love the "The Super Wi-Fi boosters represent a first in bringing Wi-Fi 6 to Vodafone’s UK customer base, which is critical in providing high-quality broadband connectivity.", when the router is only Wi-Fi 5.

View more options
Knighty777

I did notice was wifi6 with still no info on anything else. That's not a bad shout to be honest will give it a try turning alexa off and see if the lights keep flashing. Didn't think of doing that thanks for the links and reply will let you know if it works 😁👍

View more options
HappyNomad

@Jayach wrote:

Great find @HappyNomad

Love the "The Super Wi-Fi boosters represent a first in bringing Wi-Fi 6 to Vodafone’s UK customer base, which is critical in providing high-quality broadband connectivity.", when the router is only Wi-Fi 5.

Being wildly optimistic, the intro of the new WiFi 6 booster (with up to three being supplied at no additional cost) may be a sign that the next iteration of router is not too far off and that it will be a wifi 6 mesh device in the 'Echo-esque' fabric covered style of the booster.

View more options
Nat1975

Mine was doing the same driving me insane for hours. Go to Alexa app you probably have a notification or something in the communication icon. I did read it than lights stopped flashing 

View more options
Knighty777

@nat1975 will have a look and see if I have fingers crossed losing patience now 🤣🤣🙂

View more options
ADKO
2: Seeker

After about a half hour waiting for a chat session with Vodafone’s Wi-Fi Experts and various diagnostic procedures the session bombed out and my booster’s lights were still flashing green. However, I found I could stop them by going into the Alexa app on my iPhone and selecting “do not disturb” in the devices section where the booster appears as “{my} Super WiFi Plus”. So, nothing to do with Wi-Fi, just an Alexa function. Vodafone staff very helpful but someone in Product Management fell short on training and documentation.

View more options
Knighty777

Adko. Thankyou your absolutely correct I did put do not disturb in the alexa app and they went off. Have now set schedule to stop them flashing all night 🌙  May get some sleep lol. Thankyou 👍

View more options
Cathall79
1: Seeker

It means you have a message from Amazon ask her to check for notifications.

View more options