Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Super wifi booster lights

Knighty777
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all,could someone please tell me why the lights on my super wifi booster constantly flash green?

Thanks in advance 🙂

21 REPLIES 21

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I don't actually have a booster, but normally lights on such devices flash to show the passage of data.

I think there have been a couple of versions of the booster already, plus the one with Alexa. Does yours have a model number?

Hi 👋 

It's the new booster with the alexa built in. There's 3 led like lights on the front which flash blue when you speak to alexa. But they consistently flash bright green. Can't seem to locate model number on the unit itself.

Thanks 👍 

@Knighty777 wrote:

Hi 👋 

It's the new booster with the alexa built in. There's 3 led like lights on the front which flash blue when you speak to alexa. But they consistently flash bright green. Can't seem to locate model number on the unit itself.

Thanks 👍 

If the green flashing light is Alexa then you have an incoming call or an active drop in.  If it is the booster (rather than Alexa) then who knows?

See here for Alexa's green light….  https://www.diysmarthomesolutions.com/why-is-my-amazon-echo-flashing-blinking-spinning-green-incomin... 

Yes booster with alexa built in when alexa enabled its blue. But all day and night flashing green lights they don't stop flashing. Hopefully someone will know but thanks for the reply and link appreciated 👍

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Knighty777 - from the sound of the flashing green light, it could be that it's trying to connect to the router. When you set them up you need to have the Vodafone app open and it'll guide you to the best place to put the booster.

The best team to contact would be our Wi-Fi Xperts, you can give them a call using 191 from a Vodafone mobile and if you pop in your landline number will be routed through to them 😊

That's great thankyou 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a rule of thumb on networking equipment if it's flashing green its working, if its flashing orange you may need to check, and flashing red usually means a problem!

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

Is the flashing green light Alexa driven or is it WiFi booster driven?  Alexa uses lights of various colours to indicate events or statuses that require some form of user interaction.  On most Amazon non-screen Echo devices, the light is a ring that either spins or flashes.  
Presumably, the Alexa feature in the booster has some similarity in the way it informs the user that intervention is required.

What the lights mean:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GKLDRFT7FP4FZE56 

Green Flashing Light 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GU4TQDYY72ZKX9LL 

Jayach

The crazy thing is Vodafone are suppling these devices, but they don't provide any instructions on their use. (at least I can't find any online)

There should be someway to tell if the LEDs are the device reporting status or Alexa.