Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

THG3000 VS THG3000G V2

gipjon
16: Advanced member

The THG3000G V2 has a dual channel differential amplifier designed to drive full rate ADSL2+ signals with very low power dissipation. The Le87251 contains two pairs wide band amplifiers designed with Microsemi's HV30 Bipolar SOI process for low power consumption in DSL systems. The amplifiers have an internal fixed gain, which helps to eliminate external feedback and gain setting resistors.

The THG3000G v2 also has a linkcom LGT 1502 G . Fast Transformer

The THG3000G V2 also has an extra Bridge rectifier and a few extra capacitors

35 REPLIES 35

Jayach

@gipjon wrote:

So it look like the THG3000G is the G FAST DGA2231 And the THG3000 is the DGA4231. 

Looks petty certain, this is the label on one of the THG3000's

VF-label.jpg

 Edit: The labels on your two boards also confirm it.

gipjon

did you have a look at the firmware above

Jayach

Yes I did, it sounds interesting but is very much a work in progress. There will need to be a full formed firmware file before I can use it. Soldering on serial ports is further than I want to go.

He is also using the board from the SHG3000 which is surprisingly different in layout to ours and already has a SFP port fitted.

But a good find.

going back to the 3000 vs 3000g 

think the amplifier on the 3000g is interesting 

i know the vox3 is a thg3000 or a thg3000g v2 but im not sure if there is a thg3000 v1 or a 3000g v1

gipjon

hmmmmm thats a very good question and I don't know the answer to that unless the thg3000 is the v1

Jayach

@alwaysreading wrote:

i know the vox3 is a thg3000 or a thg3000g v2 but im not sure if there is a thg3000 v1 or a 3000g v1

To be honest, I don't think anyone knows. If Vodafone do they are not letting on.

I only knew of the THG3000 and THG3000g. Most devices are never known as version 1 until the version 2 is released.

doby
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How does the casing come apart?

I can't see any screws so presumably its all clips, I've run a separator tool down the side gaps but can't get anything to pop out and I'd rather not damage the plastic by brute force. 

I want to add some active cooling, I'm working the 2.4ghz pretty hard and have had some trouble with throttling (presumably heat related). 

Jayach

@doby wrote:

How does the casing come apart?

I can't see any screws so presumably its all clips, I've run a separator tool down the side gaps but can't get anything to pop out and I'd rather not damage the plastic by brute force. 

Once you have removed the base, yes it's just clips. From memory I worked down from the top. Fortunately I have 2 THG3000's so didn't mind if I broke one, however they have both gone back together with so sign of damage.

I also have a laptop opening tool, from when I was working on Compaq's (like this one https://www.routerforums.com/attachments/cpq_wedge-jpg.884/, but mine is black.).

Ok thank you. 

That tool is a bit chunkier than the one I tried with but I'll give it another go.