Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

THG3000 VS THG3000G V2

gipjon
16: Advanced member

The THG3000G V2 has a dual channel differential amplifier designed to drive full rate ADSL2+ signals with very low power dissipation. The Le87251 contains two pairs wide band amplifiers designed with Microsemi's HV30 Bipolar SOI process for low power consumption in DSL systems. The amplifiers have an internal fixed gain, which helps to eliminate external feedback and gain setting resistors.

The THG3000G v2 also has a linkcom LGT 1502 G . Fast Transformer

The THG3000G V2 also has an extra Bridge rectifier and a few extra capacitors

35 REPLIES 35

sac8165
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been with Vodafone for home broadband for years.  They originally gave me a THG3000g router and my landline telephone just plugged in to the wall as normal.
I have just upgraded with Vodafone home broadband and they now only provide landline telephone access through the router.  They sent out a new router, a THG3000 (not a g version).

I haven't swapped over the routers as the THG3000g still provides connection to Vodafone broadband servers and I don't use the landline anyway.

As far as I view and read from your post, the THG3000g is the superior router.  Am I wrong?

Cynric

@sac8165  Please just post in one place. Particularly not here as the thread is years old.

gipjon

Yes and no . The THG3000G has an extra chip on the motherboard for fibre thought your phone line but if your using fibre to the premises and you are connected to the ONT box on the wall . I don't think it would make any difference which router you use because the extra chip would be used anyway as the chip was only for getting better signal on a copper phone line

gipjon

Yes and no. The THG3000G has an extra chip on the motherboard for fibre through your phone line but if you're using fibre to the premises and you are connected to the ONT box on the wall. I don't think it would make any difference which router you use because the extra chip would not be used anyway as the chip was only for getting a better signal on a copper phone line

Thanks #gipjon for responding.

I am by the coast with poor 1960's GPO aluminium road cabling and British Telecom copper cabling to the house. I have an Openreach Master Socket 5C on the wall next to the router to split the landline and broadband signals out.

So from what I gather you are saying, I need to carry on using my THG3000G router as it has the extra chip to deal with the poor quality non-fibre telephone lines.

gipjon

That's what I would do . This may help you as well as you can get more info because the

Technicolor DGA4231/DGA2231 is actually the Vodafone THC3000/THC3000g

But the router has been flashed with the vodafone software.