main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

THG3000 VS THG3000G V2

gipjon
16: Advanced member

Once the base is off .the router does come apart easy.  Prob work better with the case off anyway 

View more options
Jayach

@Jayach wrote:
I also have a laptop opening tool, from when I was working on Compaq's (like this one https://www.routerforums.com/attachments/cpq_wedge-jpg.884/, but mine is black.).

After posting the above picture link, I though I would take a look at the site because a router forum may be interesting.

It's about woodworking routers not networking routers. LOL 🙃

View more options
doby
2: Seeker

I've got the casing off now and the 2.4ghz is still throttled to ##~## despite having cooled the heatsinks (which were initially hot to the touch)

Restarted it, same problem. 

Getting throughput of around >0.2mbit/s but appears to recover with lower/no traffic during the night (hence the heat theory). 

It's a PoS router. Also the design is horrible with no obvious place to add a fan unless I take a drill to the back and mount one on the outside.

Edit 1: Well, after my hissy fit it started behaving itself. Going to keep it cooled for now and see how it goes. 

Edit 2: Cooling makes not difference, it's still erratic. I've now split the 2.4ghz devices (of which there are <10) between the main and guest WIFI to see that solves anything. Not holding much hope. 

View more options
gipjon

If i can remember think there was about 5 aerial socket.  But only two had a aerial connected one on a wire and 1 on the board . Bet the chip would run cooler if you connected the other aerial socket to a aerial 

View more options