Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ultrahub firmware

ultrahubuser99
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello, 

Just installed the brand new ultrahub and firmware update continues to fail. 

This is an issue as the app will not see the booster too. 

How can this be resolved. 

Yes I turned it off and on again.

6 REPLIES 6

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

There's no way to do a firmware update manually, you can only rely on the automatic system

That said, if features aren't available in the app that should be there then it's likely you've not been provisioned correctly.

You can force a reprovision by pressing the reset button on the back of the hub with a pin for 10 seconds.

If you've used the vodafone app on another router you'll need to reset that. 

If that doesn't fix it you need to chat with vodafone.

https://vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd will avoid TOBI.

Thank you for that advice, it worked for my booster to connect. 

For the record, I did the hub reset button for 10 seconds, uninstalled the app and rebooted phone.  This saw all my devices appear and was able to rebuild network!

In the router software there is a firmware option to force an online update yet that still fails: 

Click 'Check for update' to start an online software upgrade. If newer firmware is found, it'll be automatically installed on your Vodafone Ultra Hub (you'll need an internet connection for this).

This firmware update is no longer required for me as can see the devices in the app now.  I can also assume the update fails as perhaps there is no update to deploy. 

Thanks!

@ultrahubuser99 wrote:

I can also assume the update fails as perhaps there is no update to deploy. 

That's the way I understand it, yes. When a new router is provisioned if a new update is available that will happen before the internet becomes available - so it may well have updated with the reset. I've never known anyone do a manual update successfully, they always seem to happen when we're not looking.

Glad it's sorted for you 😊

Cynric

.@Ripshod You'll have to add the following to the next person you help;

"once you have pressed the reset button, turn your back and look away as it doesn't work if you watch it".

😁

trying to set up my ultra hub but firmware is failing to find an update.

also the extender is not showing in app and its actually slowed down my internet upload speeds, my TPlink router was giving me 900+ dl and 127ul and now im getting no more than 500dl and 18ul !!!!

ive tried deleting app, reset button on hub and extender and nothing......even if i can get it working, im not going to pay extra a month to slow my upload speeds down :Laughing_Face:

hi

update on this "upgrade"

the super hub square was not on my app and the only way to get that for me was to contact support, they confirmed they had not set it up their end. after a few minutes i then could see the square and then followed the onscreen instructions and it worked without issue. as for the speed issue.....i am still testing, im not sure if they needed something on back end but on wired the speeds appear to be back to normal and i am testing wifi to make sure speeds are as good as old router ..... so overall 50% of the way there