Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to access USB share

Bertiee
4: Newbie

I've just got a new Vodafone router (model THG3000) and I'm having trouble with the USB sharing. I've plugged the drive into the back (although there's a port on the side with a cover on it) and the router has detected that there's a drive in there (as you can see in the screenshot) but I can't find a way to access it. When I've had an older router it's told me the path within the router settings on the screenshot, but here it's showing me nothing and \\vodafone.broadband\a doesn't work. Any idea? Note that I've tried formatting the drive to FAT32 and it hasn't helped.

Thanks

Bertiee_0-1661034794522.png

6 REPLIES 6

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Your picture hasn't been moderated yet, and you haven't said what Operating system you use, but if it is Windows try copying the path from the sharing tab (mine is \\vodafone.broadband\Teclast_CoolFlash_1_048d, see picture) and paste it into the run box (Windows key + r) that should open it. You could also give it a drive letter in Windows.

Annotation 2020-09-09 130513.jpg

Jayach_0-1661044207719.png

I have mine formatted as NTFS.

No idea what's wrong with it. Per my screenshot it's detected but there isn't a path there through which to access it. I've tried a full format (NTFS) along with both USB ports but still nothing. Oddly another smaller drive (old 128MB one vs. 16GB) works fine. It's very strange as I've used this drive with my old Vodafone router for years.

Jayach

Your screen shot hasn't been moderated yet, so we can't see it.

However when you go to the sharing tab the name of the device is there with a right facing arrow in front of it. Click on it and the path should be shown.

Ah apologies, I thought it would have been moderated by now. The arrow is there and I have clicked it, however nothing is showing. It does however show for the other drive that I've tried. This would suggest that it's the drive itself, but like I say I've used it for a couple of years with an older model Vodafone router and it worked fine.

Jayach

Odd, mine is 64GB so size isn't the problem.

Jayach_0-1661113380256.png

Ripshod

It's ntfs so maybe plug it into a computer and scan for errors?