Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to connect my Now TV 4200SK to the internet via my Vodafone router

jamesl1001
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Both ethernet and Wi-Fi refuse to connect.

It seems to successfully connect to the router but it can't get an internet connection.

Checking...
Wireless connection
Internet connection

And them I get the following error message:

“Error 009: Unable to connect to Internet”

However, it DOES connect if I use a Wi-Fi hotspot from my phone (Vodafone and Giffgaff). This leads me to believe that it’s an issue with either my router settings or with Vodafone.

I have already tried factory resetting the Now TV box and experimenting with the hidden menus.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@jamesl1001  Change the DNS settings on the router to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.4.4 and see if that makes any difference. The numbers are for Cloudflare and Google DNS servers because the VF ones can sometimes cause issues.

I suspected that too. I already had it set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. So I changed it back to Auto but no luck either way.

Cynric

@jamesl1001 OK. Have a look on this forum for Sky as well as Now. Also there is community.nowtv.com which may have something.

Yep I've searched on the VF and Now forums already. Any other ideas?

Ap121
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've exactly the same issue.
Recently moved to Vodafone for broadband around a month ago on 80mbs FTTC. 

Can confirm a nowTV roku box, that works fine via a giffgaff hotspot, will connect both wirelessly and wired, direct to the vodafone standard THG3000 router, but not find an internet connection. I've tried alternative DNS providers on the router. Also tried connecting via cloud mesh or direct, neither make a difference.

Also finding Amazon Echo devices can now take hours to connect, BBC iplayer has buffering issues (wired connection via LG TV) unless I use google DNS, and My5 and other services don't work if I don't use the default DNS.

Dreadful service so far - not fit for purpose. 

Update:

The old ones are the best... Pulled the plug on the router, waited five minutes, restarted - seems to have cured the nowTV connection issue for now.