cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

When will Vodafone offer FTTP via Openreach?

JamesBand
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Openreach has now (finally) delivered FTTP to this rural area since Jan 2020 and thus my property shows up as FTTP available on the Openreach website with capability of "up to 1000Mbps".

However, only BT seems to offer FTTP ("Ultrafast Fibre 900") and Vodafone is only showing up with FTTC products for this area (as of June 2020). Right now on the copper line and with the Vodafone Superfast FTTC product, I am getting 2Mbps (and sporadic and unreliable at that). 

As a Vodafone mobile customer (and existing Vodafone broadband customer), I would love to go with Vodafone for FTTP. I can see that Vodafone only seem to offer FTTP via CityFibre (at certain locations), but also see news from various sources that Vodafone will be offering FTTP via Openreach.

When will Vodafone start offering an FTTP product via Openreach, and hopefully offer similar prices to its Gigafast lineup? There are PLENTY of customers who would go with Vodafone if they offered an FTTP product via Openreach. Right now, it seems I would have no choice and would have to go with BT to get the benefits of Full Fibre (of 900Mbps) to the property.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @JamesBand 

It can take a while for other providers to take advantage of Openreach's new infrastructure, but the Website is up to date if you keep checking your postcode here

In regards to the City Fibre, we have selected certain cities for installation and you can also check your postcode along with more information here

View solution in original position

57 REPLIES 57

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@alexsnr Sky offered to help with mine when I signed up. 

This BBC article suggests it will be available ‘Spring 2022’. I’m not sure what their source is. 

Vodafone to offer full fibre broadband to millions 

Yeah I read that earlier but it only has BT in the title, the whole article is on expanded use of cityfibre

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@luc122c wrote:

This BBC article suggests it will be available ‘Spring 2022’. I’m not sure what their source is. 

Vodafone to offer full fibre broadband to millions 

That article is about offering via CityFibre, the thread is about offering via Openreach.

It's also typical BBC propaganda. Just spout what other sources say.

Full fibre broadband in even more places thanks to new CityFibre deal (vodafone.co.uk)

Did anyone else get an email as below? I called up, they are only offering the Superfast 100 (FTTP) currently, but once the line is in, it's an easy upgrade to the higher speeds once they become available. 

You're now eligible to upgrade to full fibre broadbandYou're now eligible to upgrade to full fibre broadband

Still seems like they are finding their feet, but a good step forward nonetheless. 

Nothing here, when did FTTP go live for you?

@flipside wrote:

Nothing here, when did FTTP go live for you?

Openreach installed all the kit on my street July 2020. BT started offering it right away. Other providers (Sky, TalkTalk etc) started offering me FTTP a few months ago. 

You've had to wait over a year before VF are offering the FTTP service ? 🤔

Well, I'm glad I didn't wait before going with Sky FTTP a couple of weeks ago.

Happily connected @ 500/75 😁

Wow and I thought 8 months was pushing it, seems despite the press Voda just are not investing in a rollout

Well, it's official. My FTTP got installed today. Vodafone offer and can supply FTTP using the Openreach network.

Openreach ONTOpenreach ONT