Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why can't we upgrade to full fibre?

Flynnthedog
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

We are on a Fibre 1 contract since May 2023 but City Fibre have now installed full fibre in our road.  We would like to upgrade but whenever I phone to request this I'm told it is not available where we live.  I have read in other posts that Vodafone gives priority to new customers but it is frustrating to be at the back of the queue. Is there anyway around this and with the fibre system in operation for around 4 months now any ideas how long this situation will persist?

5 REPLIES 5

Janey

Hi @Flynnthedog It's definitely not the case that we prioritise new customers, we just won't have availability yet - new customers at your address wouldn't be able to get it either! I'd recommend that you keep checking back in with our Sales teams and online and as soon as it's available we can get it sorted for you.

How come then that two of my closest neighbours have had fibre installed - I watched them install it!!

I can totally appreciate where you're coming from then @Flynnthedog - that must be frustrating! The broadband availability at your address may be showing incorrectly if that's the case, I'd recommend contacting the team on the channels I advised earlier and raising this with them. You can check the CityFibre availability at your address here.

Thanks for this advice, checked on CityFibre and Vodafone comes up second on the list of available full fibre providers for our address. Have taken screenshot and will try again to convince the Sales team!

Anytime @Flynnthedog If you need help with anything else, just give us another shout 👍