Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

£5 vodafone to vodafone bundle

BM11
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi.

My parents brought new phones yesterday and the man at the shop assured them that they can keep vodafone family as while the sim needed changing the number will be the same. Turns out the man in the shop lied and that is not the case and because it's now shut they have lost it for good. But the advisor on the phone said they should instead buy a £5 vodafone to vodafone bundle only available in store. But according to your online advisor that does not exist. Why is that being offered over the phone if it's not available - it's disgusting treatment to promise customers - make a mistake- and then let them suffer

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Check to see if that particular bundle is available via the myvodafone app @BM11 

Although the Vodafone Moderator say it's been removed leaving the start off Bundle at £10.

Edited to also add …

Pay-as-you-go/5-Big-bundle. 

What-is-Vodafone-Family-and-how-does-it-work. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @BM11 

The £5.00 Big Value Bundle was discontinued for new sign ups some time back and the smallest bundle now available will be the £10.00 bundle, Vodafone are giving a lot more with the bundles and all include unlimited minutes and texts.

As far as Vodafone to Vodafone only is concerned, this does not exists and as far as family is concerned this was discontinued way back 2017.

The online advisor has just told me to go the shop and get the £5 Vodafone to Vodafone bundle. If they are lying then I think trading standards will have to be informed as that is totally out of order. My parents have already lost Vodafone family thanks to the store assistant promising they could keep it but then making a mistake so they lost it. More lies from Vodafone therefore do not give the impression of anywhere near adequate service, 

Compared to the £ Vodafone Family £30 a month for the same service is not exactly good value for money, 

AnnS

Hi @BM11 

If Vodafone sold the product it would be advertised on the PAYG section of the website here: Vodafone PAYG Bundles as far as I can see it is not listed and the cheapest bundle that can be purchased cost £10.00 with unlimited minutes.

Just to add:  Trading Standards are an independent consumer advisory bureau and do not handle individual complaints, that is the roll of the Communications Ombudsman.

I am going to see if I can find further information for you and will return to the thread when known.

Speak again soon.

According to the advisor Vodafone sell it as a sort of hidden extra. It must be in their system for two different members of the help team to be encouraging it. The online one was prepared to take it from my credit there and then but I don’t need it I have a BVB it’s my parents who would benefit from it. 

AnnS

I think but not sure I this is the extra the advisor is talking about: Vodafone Extras still not really the product your Parents would benefit from, it would be in addition to having credit for the PAYG 1 tariff or having a Big Value Bundle.  Also quite pointless when a Big Value Bundle offers unlimited minutes.

We are not having much luck here.

Hopefully it’s  not. My parents are pretty angry after the shop advisor cost them Vodafone Family despite assuring them having to replace the sim due to it being old would not affect it.  To be lied to again by an advisor would be pretty shoddy treatment and a major increase of expense each month because they never call anyone outside of the numbers previously  covered by family.

So now another advisor is saying if a Vodafone customer without a bundle rings a customer with a bundle they don’t get charged. That is clearly wrong yet they are openly telling people that.