Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

AUTOMATIC TOP UP

JamesL
4: Newbie

To the eForum Tech Team or anyone else who can help

The last time I had my prepay dongle topped up automatically from my bank account was on the 20th November 2015 but since that time I have changed my debit card number and I think as a result it must have cancelled the automatic top up so I thought no matter I can simply set it up again with my new card number if needed that is until I noticed it does not appear to be available any more so I was wondering have vodafone removed this feature from their list of services because if so I have to say I am very disappointed as I found the feature very convenient as it topped up my prepay account with £5.00 every 30 days which was perfect for the 500MB extra bundle pack that was also for £5.00 every 30 days added on to my prepay account and although I do not really need it as there is other ways I can top my vodafone prepay dongle I am still sorry to see the end of it.

JamesL  

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

This was a similar post that was created recently. 

Their maybe something of help within even though it's connected to Payg Mobile Phones.  

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go-products-services/PAYG-Auto-Top-Up/m-p/2458844/highligh...

Possibly Live Chat could help you.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

JamesL

NO I do not agree as I have searched through all the links you have sent me and I still can not find auto top up so unless I use live chat to find out what has happened to it? (that I might do at a later date not now) it must have gone or no longer be available and as a result I will just have to it manually top up from now on still that is not a problem as I can top up from any ATM when I am drawing money out.

JamesL

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@JamesL

I think, though I'm by no means certain, that the gateway to the auto top-ups is going to be via 2345 in future. This, however, isn't going to work for data devices, and I think the best way to access it will be via 03333 048048 from a landline or from a non-Vodafone mobile.

Could you perhaps give it a try, and report how you get on, as it would be good to be a bit more confident of the details.

Annie.

Hello Annie

And I tried what you suggested by ringing 03333048048 from my landline and with a recorded message it give me a list of services just like the vodafone website does for the bundles and top up services that are available on a prepay tariff but auto top up was not among them so although I am sill a little disappointed about that I have done the next best thing and topped up my prepay dongle with enough credit to last me an entire year meaning it will be towards the end of December 2016 that I will need to manually top up my dongle again.

JamesL  

Annie_N

The top-up service is definitely undergoing some sort of upgrade, so it could be that some parts of the service have gone AWOL for the moment. I would sincerely hope that everything will be sorted out long before your mega-topup has run out!

JamesL
Hello Again Annie

And YES I agree with you as that would be great if auto top up comes back online before December 2016 but if not then I can just manually top up with enough credit to cover me for another entire year although even if it does come back online before the end of December 2016 I will probably need to set it all up again as the fact it did not happen before I changed my debit card number might have had something to do with it?

JamesL

Annie_N

I'm truly not sure! As was mentioned in the other thread that Lee referred you to above, someone whose auto top-up was running along smoothly had been asked to re-register, presumably as part of the update, so I'd imagine it's all part and parcel of the same issue. Any changes which Vodafone makes will affect very large numbers of customers, so it's almost inevitable that there will be a few glitches along the way, but your approach gives things every chance to settle down again.

JamesL
Thanks Again Annie for your reply as I was not expecting one

And you and Lee are probably right as there is maybe just an issue with the auto top up and nothing to do with the change of my debit card number or my bank account but as I have said before I have enough credit in my prepay account now to cover me for an entire year so don't need to worry about auto top up at least until December 2016

JamesL