Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Buying a global roaming extra to roam in Turkey

Fenlli
2: Seeker

Hello.  I am headfing to Turkey for 10 days and would like to use data and calls.

I have a PAYG sim card and looked at getting an "Around the World Extra" (£15 for 8 days or £25 for 15 days).  However - it isn't clear whether I need to buy a big value bundle before purchasing the extra.  The terms and conditions say:

Who's eligible?

Around the World Extras are available to Pay as you go customers on Pay as you go 1, Vodafone Simply and customers on an active Big Value Bundle.

But lower down in the same T&Cs it is stated;

Condition

1. A Pay as you go customer must have an active BVB (Big Value Bundle) in order to purchase an Around the World Extra.

So - these appear to be inconsistent requirements.  Can I simply buy the Extra and not add the BVB? 

thanks...

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It basically means the SIM must be active and used on the UK network with some UK activity and you would have previously added some credit  @Fenlli .  You would hardly be using the BVB when you were away and the default would be PAYG 1  and it does mention that the roaming extra is available to customers on PAYG 1.

Try adding the necessary credit and purchasing the roaming extra.  Any problems come back to the forum and this will be something where the Social Team will be able to help.

Certainly agree the wording could be clearer.

Telco2023

@Fenlli You can purchase one without a BVB

zb
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

It appears that Vodafone have updated the “Around the World Extra” T&Cs, as the clause mentioned by the OP no longer exists — that’s good, and perhaps as a result of this thread! 👍

I have a couple of other very basic questions:

1. When buying the Around The World Extra as a PAYG 1 user, is the cost deducted from the top-up balance? Such that I should first top up and have enough credit. Or alternatively, is the cost charged directly from my usual debit card, leaving the top-up balance alone? Such that I should not top up first.
  2. Is it OK / recommended / necessary to buy the Around The World Extra before leaving the UK, or should I wait until I arrive at the destination country? Not being stingy, just wondering about any “technical requirements”. There is a contradiction between the info page that reads: “Your pass will start straight away – so make sure you’re ready to use it” and a T&C clause that reads: “The Around the World Extra may take up to 24 hours to activate.”