Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How is a sim card used abroad?

YilmazHamur
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I noticed that I bought a sim card purchase from the United Kingdom and Turkey to come hattie not running on my mobile phone to my tactics. When a call is made, I am unavailable and cannot receive messages. Although I have loaded both package and balance into my sim card, my problem continues. What should I do and how can I use my sim card?

Note: Vodafone TR appears when my sim card is inserted.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your SIM would need to connect to our UK network before it can be used abroad @YilmazHamur. This would explain why it's not currently connecting in Turkey. The only way to get this to connect would be connecting it to our UK network, before trying to connect in Turkey again.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @YilmazHamur 

The forum here won't be able to give you any support, if you have Vodafone TR, this means you are a Vodafone Turkey customer and for help with your account and roaming issues you are going to need to contact Vodafone Turkey Customer Services here:  https://www.vodafone.com.tr/

No part of Vodafone Turkey'm not. My Vodafone sim card buying from the United Kingdom and Turkey since I got out I came from my sim card is not working. This is my problem.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @YilmazHamur, Let's see if we can get you connected. Did you activate the SIM card and connect to the Vodafone UK network before travelling?

If so, do you have enough credit on the account to allow you to make calls, send texts etc whilst in Hatti?

Are you able to receive calls and texts?

If not, what error message do people trying to contact you see/hear?

Hello,

I did not activate my sim card in England and I use my account for the first time in Turkey and I had to installed twice credit value at £ 10. People who try to communicate with me say that they cannot be reached and the messages they send do not come.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your SIM would need to connect to our UK network before it can be used abroad @YilmazHamur. This would explain why it's not currently connecting in Turkey. The only way to get this to connect would be connecting it to our UK network, before trying to connect in Turkey again.

Understood. Thank you.