cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Opting out of bundle / just want basic no frills PAYG deal for a call or two per month

Andshev
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, a couple of weeks ago, I got a PAYG SIM for an old unlocked phone. I only need to make a call or two per month, emergency type things only, so just wanted to top up with £10 thinking it would last me a few months. I topped up on My Vodafone, but I'm pretty sure i've finished up with a Big Bundle that will be renewed automatically monthly.

So...

(a) If I just use the OPT OUT option on the Services/Extras menu, will this stop the monthly bundle renewal? I assume so?

(b) On cancelling, will the £10 still remain on the basic PAYG costing deal, or will it be lost at end of month?

(c) Where on My Vodafone is the option just to do a basic topup?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Andshev 

As you are probably aware you can opt out from the Application or by calling 2345.  Further info here:  How do I remove Big Value Bundle? ,. If you are going to opt out, to take advantage of the bundle being valid for 30 days, wait until you are on day 29 but if you don't have adequate credit Vodafone won't renew the bundle.

If you refer to this link, there are some helpful questions  and answers at the end of the page.  Vodafone PAYG. 

Topping up information here: PAYG top up 

OK, thanks. I was pretty certain it was as straightforward, but just wanted to double check. Annoying to lose the £10 straight off though. Can  i do just a straight no-frills top-up by card with My VF, i can't see it, and would prefer to handle it online, avoiding shop top-up etc?

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Andshev 

Sure, you can still add top-up credit by card or PayPal, just head over to this link here

If you need a hand with anything else, just ask 😊

Thanks, i found it earlier just after i posted my last post, sods law and me not looking properly.  

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Typical @Andshev, no worries at all! If you need anything else, feel free to drop another post. Have a great rest of the week 😊