Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG Unsuccessful Payment

xxJosh
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I tried to top up £40 onto my sim card through my account, but the payment did not go through. On top of that, the payment was still taken from my bank account. Anyone know what to do?

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @xxJosh 

If you just added the credit there can sometimes be a delay before it reaches your account.  If the payment is showing at your bank, it will be ringfenced as a pending payment and usually claimed by the merchant the following working day.

The top up will show on your online account or My Vodafone Application, if the top up is not on your account later today, contact Vodafone through the Customer Service channels or speak to the Social Team here: Contact Us and they will help as much as possible.

Hi, I should've mentioned that an error message appeared after I pressed the 'Pay Now', and it said:

"Sorry, we couldn't complete your payment We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again ."

or something along those lines (the error message disappeared seconds after I clicked the button). 

It's also already been around 2 hours since I tried to top up as well

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

This is a common occurrence with Vodafone Pay Go.

You will now have to wait three to five working days for the hold that Vodafone have placed on the funds to be released by your bank. Vodafone will blame the bank but it's not the banks fault, it's Vodafone's!

That's unfortunate (especially since today's Friday :Sad_face: ), but thanks

AnnS

Yes @xxJosh 

When you make a card payment the money is always held as a pending payment at your bank and will show on your available balance the following working day.

As far as your top up is concerned, it should show on your account sometime later today, Vodafone certainly don't keep customers waiting until the money is released by the bank, in this case Monday.