Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retrieving a disconnected PAYG number

deleoniya
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I just tried to get my PAYG number reconnected and was told it was not possible. I had been stuck in Qatar due to covid travel bans and so could not use the phone for some months. I am DESPARATE to get my number back working as in the age of OTP one time passwords so many critical bank and other accounts are linked to it. I am pretty sure the number has not been reassigned or ported. Please could you help me find a solution to this major problem. I am happy to pay any reconnection fee. I just need my number back as I have had it for 20 years both as contract and then PAYG. Where there is a will there is a way. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @deleoniya 

Has Vodafone Uk Customer Services said it's not possible ? You may have just been given a standard answer and not had them look more closely at their system's.

When a number has been disconnected and quarantined on a Vodafone Uk Payg account because it hasn't been used and then looks to have gone dormant Vodafone will re issue the number at a later time or pass it onto another network.

Usually a person only has a matter of days to try and get the number re activated on their account.

All that said it won't harm to ask the Vodafone Social Media Teams who help on the forum. They'll look at their system's. 

However as account assistance isn't available via this forum anymore you'll need to ask via Social Media.  I'd suggest Twitter and link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

SUCCESS !!! Got through the nightmare of having a 20 years old number with my entire life discontinued. I was told repeatedly on the phone by customer services that it was not possible to reconnect.

So, I followed the advice and contacted the Vodafone Social Media team. I tweeted them at vodafoneuk and forwarded them my original post on the community notice board.

Within hours they responded and told me to DM them. Within 24 hours they had sorted everything and got me reconnected. They are AWESOME. For all of you disconnected PAYG sufferers out there this is the solution (provided tour number has not already been reassigned). Feeling very happy and THANK YOU VODAFONE.

Hi @deleoniya that is fantastic to hear, so happy that we were able to help with this 😊