Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4xtra benefits to Europe

Concorde671
4: Newbie

I have had two different answers to the same question when chatting with  a Vodafone agent. I want to  add the 4xtra benefits to my mobile so that I apprently get my allowance carried over whilst in Europe. What I wanted to know has to do with my unlimited calls. If I am in France (for example) and want to call a French number would this come under my current UK allowance of free calls. One agent said no, I would be charged for an international call. The 2nd agent said I would not be charged as long as I was not calling a premium rate number. Cna anyone confirm if the second answer I received was correct? 

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You are on a plan that includes roaming in Europe @Concorde671 , if you refer to this page: Roaming  you are free to use your allowance in Europe Zone without charge when you have a plan with 4 Xtra benefits.  The Xtra benefits will certainly allow you to call a French number and this will come out of your normal allowance.

Also see here: Charge Checker where it it also mentions there is no extra cost to roam when you have the 4 Xtra benefits.

I agree the roaming pages could be more explicit and mention that with the benefits this will also include calls to overseas numbers.

simax
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

Yes, you can call back to the UK and within the country you are in (I believe if in the EU you can call any EU country from any EU country as well)….