cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Being lied to by Vodafone / complaints being deliberately ignored / incredibly poor customer service

wlk385
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I'm writing this in hope that someone at Vodafone will finally take me seriously and before pursuing other avenues, including legal / Ombudsman and / or media / social media, to resolve a matter in which Vodafone is deliberately negligent (probably with an aim that customer - myself, will eventually give up).

I'm more than fed up with explaining the issue to yet another new customer agent, which has no idea of my case, despite myself being assured million times that notes from the previous conversations have been saved in the mythical ''system''. If someone senior cares to talk to me (I've been speaking to so many robot-like people using the same phrases from the script that I will not talk to anyone that is not senior), I may provide more details (though I would expect at least a minimum information about my case being stored in your ''system''). 

So that everyone can be warned, in short, Vodafone tries to cheat on me by alleging that I used 4-5 GB data on a single day, upon consuming my regular data allowance. Upon speaking to customer agents and being assured that someone is going to get in touch with me, a gentleman called me to offer an upgraded bundle and confirm I don't need to pay for excess data. Yet, some time later not only Vodafone cheekily attempted to switch off my services, but other customer agents tell me they don't have the evidence of a call during which I upgraded my services and was assured that I don't need to pay additional £110. After that, I was, again, assured (or rather lied to),  numerous times, by further customer agents, that someone from customer relations team will call me (within 72 hours, of course - a good joke).

When replying, please do not tell me how sorry you are - I know you don't care. I don't care either about your apologies. I want a solution. You've pushed me to my limits in this case (it's not the first time you are acting negligently and unrespectfully) and I will not let you act this way anymore. I expect an answer within 48 hours (it's been around a month since my first complaint).

33 REPLIES 33

Tragicyclist
4: Newbie

Similar issue here. Vodafone charges me for Spotify every month despite it being included free as part of my package. Every month I use Chat to get it resolved. Every month they tell me how sorry they are but that it is now fixed. The next bill I get they charge me again and fail to reimburse the previous months' charges.

And now I can't even access my previous bills to prove my point as My Vodafone says I have no account set up. It's been there for years and now my records have all gone.

It's an absolute mess. I want to escalate this but I'm no longer prepared to deal with the support team who are incapable of sorting this out. They refuse to tell me how to escalate.

There is a Directors Office in the UK that I have dealt with before when I had to (successfully) take Vodafone to the Ombudsman.  Unfortunately I can't find the number now. Anybody know it?

I've no idea why I keep dealing with Vodafone. The service is utterly appalling. I must have wasted hundreds of hours over the years trying to sort out the mess they make of everything.

@wlk385 - We don’t want to make you feel this way! We’re part of our Customer Relations team and we’ll do our best to get a resolution. I’ve sent a private message to you. Please send us your details by following the steps from there.

@Tragicyclist - I’m disappointed to hear how long you’ve spent trying to get the Spotify charges resolved.

We can look into what’s happening and why it’s not free. Please follow the steps from the private message I’ve sent to you, with how to send us your details.

I had a text and now a phone call from the Directors' office. They are investigating.

Just so that everyone is warned again - another Vodafone team is failing to do the simplest thing - verify that I'm their customer (sic!). So 2 weeks since my post here have passed and the latest from yet another ''customer service'' team ''handling'' my issue is that they can't reach me by either calling me or texting me (sic!!!). The level of incompetence and inertia is even deeper than I (or anyone could have) thought. Not to mention email correspondence that's taking ages (another proof Vodafone doesn't care about its customers).

The only thing that works well at Vodafone are automated texts threatening with restricting services for which I ALREADY PAID. Ridiculous.

@Gemma How long will this tragifarce continue? As per my last post, your colleagues were unable to verify myself as a Vodafone customer. One of the verification questions was: what is the date of my last Vodafone contract. I asked them to clarify and advise where I can find that information, cause the only contract I ever physically signed was the first one, few years ago. They didn't accept my response with the date of the first contract and didn't bother to answer my question. Is it the date of my last contrct extension? Where can I find that information. Every response take at least a day. It's not rocket science. Why can't they verify me through standard security process by calling me (it's obviously another lie from Vodafone they can't do this).  Please can you intervene and answer my question (actually answer).

Despicable ''customer service'' from Vodafone continues.

So @Gemma (or a bot) decided to send me one of their template ''answers''. Obviously not answering my questions at all.

Is there ANYONE at Vodafone with any integrity and care for the client? I now doubt it very much. What's happening now has all signs of fraud in broad daylight.

Do you ##~## care to resolve my issue and reply to me? And reply to the complaint that has been intentionally ignored for 2 months????? I've just got a text that you are restricting my services despite myself paid every ##~## bill ever on time!!!!!!

Vodafone is officially a scam.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@wlk385 Apologies for the delay in reaching your post. I've just gone to check up on the progress and have seen your most recent email. I'm really sorry to see the amount of time this has taken and the frustration it's caused. 

At least it’s not just me. 

Where do I start?  My contract ended and I didn’t like any of the offers available so thought I’d opt for 30 day sim only until I found something I liked. This was actioned over the live 24/7 chat after the operator trying to talk me into a 12 month contract. No thank you. 

2 days later I notice my app hasn’t updated so contact chat, as it’s convenient at night and 191 is only available between 8 and 8. Told yes it’s there give it 48 hours. 

A week later I contact live chat to find there’s no record and it can only be done over the phone.  I tell the operator if I have to call I have to take time out of work and I will get my PAC. He said fine! I write a webform complaint at the same time. 

I call get my PAC, the guy only tried to sell me a new phone, never mentioned 30 day sim only and gave me my PAC. I get a call later asking why I asked for PAC, I explained he said ok then cheers mate. 

I start to shop around, now I find good sim only deals and good iPhone XR deals. Webform response ring to say don’t leave yet wait until you receive bill to see if 30 day sim is actioned. 

This confused me so I contacted 24/7 chat to be given the run around and end up no wiser, but I will get a better deal than online. 

Friday I contact them again to say I’ve got a really good deal and handset is on its way, but I’ll give them a chance to compete. I’m offered an amazing deal and told I’ll be contacted to organise it. No contact 

no deal. 

I contact them to be passed through 5 people to be told no record of offer 

they spent a lot of time rubbishing the contract I have got. A company that delivered a phone faster than VF responded to a webform complaint. 

I am now sat with new phone still wrapped debating whether to go with new company. 

VF can’t get me a handset for 2 week and their offer is only a few pounds cheaper. Their customer service have lied, been rude and clearly don’t care.

VF give me a reason to stay ?