Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Charges

Georgiahodk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I recently tried to get a Samsung notebook on finance, however I failed my credit check.

However, the upfront fee of 50 has been charged from my account. Furthermore, I am seemingly unable to log into my Vodophone account that I made to make the purchase. My account username is [Removed] and I was emailed a password but I'm unable to sign in.

Will the 50 be refunded? The order number is:  [Removed]  from an email sent to me. Thanks in advance.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

When you fail the credit check @Georgiahodk , the upfront payment would have been ringfenced as a pending transaction in your account but not claimed by the merchant (Vodafone) and be returned to your available balance within 5 working days, probably sooner.  Keep checking your bank, you will see the money returned to your full available balance by the end of the following working week.

As far as your account is concerned, as this has been cancelled and you don't have an account you won't be able to log in.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

When you fail the credit check @Georgiahodk , the upfront payment would have been ringfenced as a pending transaction in your account but not claimed by the merchant (Vodafone) and be returned to your available balance within 5 working days, probably sooner.  Keep checking your bank, you will see the money returned to your full available balance by the end of the following working week.

As far as your account is concerned, as this has been cancelled and you don't have an account you won't be able to log in.

Thanks for clarifying! :Smiling: