Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Free Picture Message

rossieboy22
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi had Vodafone upgrade plans to be in line with VOXI? I'm on a Max 5G SIM online additional plan. I seems to be able sent unlimited picture messages via text with no charges. I've checked my additional charges a few days after with no extra charges. Is this something others have come across. I know you get this on VOXI but didn't know Vodafone had adopted this quietly

15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

According to the Pay Monthly T&C's  multimedia messages are charged at 35p.

I'm not sure why you haven't been charged this cost @rossieboy22 

Personally I use WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger or email as via this way there is no cost or file size limitation.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @rossieboy22 

Voxi plans include picture messaging see here: Voxi pricing guide 

With Vodafone there is chat where you will be able to share your images using text and send as chat over the internet using your data allowance. Please see here for further information. Messaging Features 

The cost of sending an individual picture message without using chat on Vodafone is 55p per message.  Also take a look at extras here: Vodafone Extras there is an unlimited bundle for £2.50 per month.

hrym

Are you by any chance using the Chat (RCS - rich communications suite) feature of the messaging app?   I have little experience of this, but I thought it offered the opportunity to share attachments, with messages being sent as data rather than SMS.   If that's what's happening, it might explain the lack of charges, but I wouldn't want to rely on it continuing as I'm not sure when RCS reverts to SMS/MMS (possibly when the receiving party isn't using the same protocol).

Personally, I have Chat turned off as I found that messges were often taking a long time to deliver.

Yes I am using RCS but I'm texting a family member who is using an Apple phone I am using Android so that wouldn't matter. No matter how many characters I use it never converts from SMS to MMS 

BandOfBrothers

@AnnS 

Am.i looking at something wrong here then regards costs for MMS

From the link I added.

Screenshot_20210118-164717_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210118-164654_Drive.jpg

It says 35p for a picture message. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hey @BandOfBrothers 

I am thinking Vodafone haven't updated their T & C's

See here: 

Taken from SIM only

Screenshot (17).png

Taken from pay monthly

Screenshot (16).png

So my dad send me a picture back and the charge shows on his account (joint account) instantly. Just I've sent several too him and no charges so it must be an error Vodaphone end. Now my mobile number used to be linked with VOXI but it's been with a few netoworks since so not sure if that's some sort of IT issue. Oh well I'm not going to query it just seems to be something I get for free for whatever reason 

AnnS

Hi @rossieboy22 

If you mean your number is under your Dad's account and he pays the bill, the charge will be on your Dad's bill.

I have control of the App , I can see all charges going onto both accounts