Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming calls issues_porting not complete

EWG
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Team, 

Recently I brought a number to Vodafone and I discovered that some numbers cannot call me, the message is that the number is 'unrecognisable'.. This is unacceptable as this is a business number and each call may means a lot of loss from the customers being turned away. 

I reported the problem via 191, and it was escalated to the 'engineers'. I got an email form the technical department advising that the problem was resolved and I should turnoff/on the mobile. I did it but unfortunately the problem is still existing. 

I am surprised that nobody called me to double check if the problem was resolved. Looks like it's enough to let me know via email that 'should work', but it doesn't! I am unhappy about the service as you keep waiting and they don't bother! Can someone competent will take the issue properly and call me and oversee the true resolution of the problem please??? 

When I spoke with the CS they mentioned the porting may not have taken place properly and they 'will look' into the matter.. without any timescale and person in charge. Congratulations Vodafone!

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

This sounds like this is a Split Port  which is when not all the porting in files have settled properly.

We have seen similar posts to yours that have these symptoms which I can appreciate is frustrating and inconvenient,  and possibly costly if it's a business number. In the interim you could look at diverting calls.

How-do-I-manage-call-diverts. 

How-do-I-use-Call-Divert-on-my-business-phone. 

The Vodafone Social Media Team's can also help with this via Twitter or Facebook Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  

Unfortunately as account access isn't available via this forum they can't help via your post here but can via Facebook or Twitter.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Diverting calls won't help if it's a split port.