Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incorrect Billing...

ianfletcher
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

since the middle of last week I have started seeing calls appear on my vodafone app with a code 113092 - the calls are being charged at £3 per minute - I am calling UK numbers and when the calls show up they are being billed at astronomical rates. I have had 8 calls with vodafone about it and they keep telling me it is a technical hitch and they have resolved it. Today I have been blocked as going over-spend again - the bill for calling vodafone on my mobile last night came to over £300!! even though I was ringing 07836 191191 yet on my app it shows as 1130927836191. My phone is blocked, I can' make calls out or receive them and the online vodafone chat says I need to pay the bill now to remove the restrictions... I don't know how to resolve! Vodafone are being useless.. and keep telling me not to worry!

14 REPLIES 14

Tash... (anyone!). If there is anyone that has a route to speak to vodafone or engage with them, then can I ask that someone reads this letter I sent to them on Friday June. I have just had an email from vodafone saying there is no other course of action apart from me going to the CISAS to make a formal complain to them. They keep me an offer to pay 50% of the bill - but I keep saying the same thing, I want to know why I have been charged £3 per minute (not £0.033 per minute) and what the code 113029 is that appeared in June in front of my calls. I don't see how they can agree an amount with me if nobody tells me why the charges were made in the first place. I have been on line to the social media group, but it takes hours/days to get a response and when you think you are getting somewhere the person goes off line! If you can see the engagement with Liam on Friday evening he was trying to help, but my last message on Friday has not even be read let alone responded to. If this forum has any influence at all then please help me! I will pay what is needed to resolve this, but there is no point if every month we have the same issue with the bill. Why can't anyone help me? Kind Regards Ian Fletcher

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @ianfletcher - It's very unfortunate to hear the situation you have been in, I understand it must have been worrying and frustrating. I've checked your conversation on our social channels and can see this has since been resolved, which I'm glad to hear. If we need to look into this further or check anything else on your account, please respond to our latest message on social media 👍

Thanks Evie. It turns out that all vodafone customers in Turkey and TRNC (Turkish side of Cyprus) have had all of their calls re-routed through the USA since the 9th June, Vodafone did not know.... so anyone who has the code 113029 in front of calls this month are in for what Vodafone call "Billshock!!" Hopefully other people who do get it end up on this forum and can see that the problem is widespread... Vodafone do not know when the problem will be fixed or indeed if it ever will be! The lady, Jade from "Director Complaints" was superb, The other 7 people I have spoken to in 12 separate calls with vodafone have been shocking beyond belief. A disgrace to any business. Not just because they could not explain the problem but how they handled it. Thankfully Jade has done what she can but the rest of the staff need a lesson in how to deal with a client who has a problem. I have included an extract from the email with vodafone below in the hope that it may help other people who log on to your forum. Thank you to you and your colleagues on this forum who have been trying to help. Regards Ian

"Thanks for getting in touch about your recent experience with Vodafone. Just to let you know, we have now closed your complaint following our recent discussion.

To confirm what we discussed, I have removed the current bill on your account and your balance is now zero. As advised, going forward, please make all your calls over Wi-Fi until we have a resolution with the Turkey-Tel network routing calls through the USA. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the stress and inconvenience this has caused you. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further help" 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

How odd 🤔 I'm glad that Jade was able to help with this and clarify where these charges have come from. Since you are currently in Turkey it may also be worth looking into our roaming policy while roaming in one of our Global Roaming Plus destinations.

If we can help with anything else, please don't hesitate to get in back in touch with us. I hope you enjoy the rest of your time abroad @ianfletcher 🌍

Thanks Evie, this was nothing to do with the roaming policy, I am aware of that and the extra charges that it incurs. This is a totally separate issue that is going to affect all of your users in Turkey and North Cyprus - apparently "out of Vodafone's control" - vodafone only found out about the problem 3/4 days ago - all consumers using the vodafone network are having their calls re-routed through the USA, a 113029 code becomes the default when ringing the UK.  Many will only become aware of this when they look at their next bill! Believe me I have spoken to a few friends this morning - who have gone "what!!" when they have checked. the £0.033 pence per minute charge for extensive roaming (when you have been out of the UK for circa 6 months) is a different issue, The call charges for roaming is now £3 per minute, due to the re-routing. Check it out with your "Directors Complaints team". The lady there who I spoke to yesterday is Jade, She was shocked herself.  I can see a barrage of complaints coming in... Ian