Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

MMS to EE

BIGGER28
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all

I have recently (within the last week) become unable to send MMS messages to my 2 EE contacts one of which is my wife. I can send them to other networks and my wife can send them to me., however when I send them to her they do not arrive... I do not receive any errors. I have chatted with the Vodafone tech team, they have tried some things and are unable to resolve. My wife has chatted with the EE tech team and they are also unable to resolve. Each network is blaming the other. I have tried my SIM and my wife's SIM in different phones but it has made no difference. We have both changed APN settings automatically and manually. I am at a loss........ can anyone help? (Oh and I have factory reset the devices). Thanks!

25 REPLIES 25

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @BIGGER28

From what you have written, with the messages leaving Vodafone but failing to be delivered to the recipients the fault will be at EE end.  To send and receive MMS messages, you also need to have a reasonable 3G or 4G data connection.

However, with applications available to download, MMS are becoming outdated and expensive.  WhatsApp is a very popular application, you will then be able to send and receive pictures messages using your data allowance or over a WiFi connection for free.  

Hi AnnS. I appreciate the whole WhatsApp thing but I have 100 picture messages built in to my contract and would like to use them. The problem only started a week ago... I'd just like to get it resolved. 

Cheers 

AnnS

Hi @BIGGER28

The maximum size file for MMS messages which can be sent over the network is 295kb.

The quickest and easist way to make sure your phone is set up for MMS is to text WEB to 40127.  That will send the correct settings to the phone and make sure the phone is correctly configured.   There is further information here: How do I set up my phone for internet access and picture messaging (MMS)?

When your Wife contacted EE about the problem of not receiving your incoming MMS, they should have checked her account was correctly configured with correct settings and MMS provisioned. If an account is upgraded or changed MMS can sometimes drop off and may need to be reprovisioned at account level.  It may only be a fault with your Wife's EE SIM card and a replacement SIM from an EE store may solve the problem.

Customer Services will be able to make sure everything is working correctly on your account and MMS is correctly provisioned but if you are able to send MMS messages to other recipients, it more than likely an error at the receiving end which is going to need further investigation by EE at account level.

Hi AnnS

I'm with you on everything but my wife receives mms messages from other people on other networks o2 for instance.... this is the confusing part of the issue!

Cheers

BandOfBrothers

Hi @BIGGER28

I can understand why you'd be a little frustrated at this.

I think it's a glitch and will possibly just start working again.  

My choice is to use Facebook Messenger as this is free to use and does not have a file restriction size like MMS have. 

Good old email too. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi. Thanks for responding.

I don't even have a Facebook account 😂

I'm an old-fashioned kinda guy when it comes to social media and prefer to use the native mms on my phone which I have been happily doing until the last week!

Just to say I have exacty the same issue. I can send and receive MMS to O2 but cannot send to my EE friends. I can receive from them but cannot send an MMS to them. Despite the popularity of WhatsApp I also would like to use MMS as I have 100 messages free on my account. 

I have checked and rechecked my setting and my friend have checked theirs. It appears to me to be an issue between Vodafone and EE. I hope it gets resolved soon.

Thanks for the message. I'm glad it's not just me!

Cheers

MarkG
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@BIGGER28 Hi, this is an odd one. Sounds to me like there could be a problem with your wife's SIM if you are sending messages successfully but they are not being received. We can look into this further for you and make sure your settings are as they should be. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.