Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Online ordering collect in store

markeagles4
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I placed an order on Monday 12th to collect in store now bearing in mind online it said collect as soon as next day.

I didn't receive any communication until Wednesday 14th in form of an email stating my device had been reserved in-store and they would email or text soon to say I could collect. I then received a text stating my device would be delivered to store??. So what's goiyon ? 

I contacted Vodafone and apparently my order is still in pick status at the warehouse. It's now Thursday 15th and still no phone, no updates, I can't even track it online as the site is constantly being worked on.

It's diabolical. I'm in good mind to cancel it.

Collect within 2 D'ays ? It will be 4 soon

Mark

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @markeagles4

From what you have written, it sounds like the device is due to be despatched to the store. When the phone has been delivered to the store you will receive a text confirmation to let you know the phone is ready to be collected.  There is further information for you on this link: When and how do I collect my order from a store?

You don't mention the phone you ordered there may be a stock delay issue. 

Enjoy your phone when you have collected from the store. 

The phone is the pixel 3a

Sounds like the emails are being sent in the wrong order @markeagles4 

I've taken a look on the Vodafone Online Shop page Here and its showing for delivery in 1-2 weeks.

If this was my situation I'd call customer service on 191 or use Live  Chat and ask specifically if the phone is In-Stock.

If it's out of stock then at least you can make a decision on how to proceed.

Another option is if the Vodafone Highstreet Store has the phone In-Stock in their own pool of inhouse stock you could consider cancelling your online order , then wait a few days for your account to revert to it's original status and then process your order in the store and walk out with the phone _ that's if you have a store local and they continue to have the phone available.

Maybe your thinking then if they have one available why cant I just have one of theirs..... Unfortunately the Stores are unable to allocate one of their own pool of stock phones to an online order.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi

I asked if the phone was in stock and they replyed yes it was .

Surely when i ordered the email should not have told me collect within 1 - 2 days and instead said 1 - 2 weeks 

AnnS

Hi @markeagles4 

It may have been in stock when you ordered but stock moves quickly and there could well have been back orders to fulfill.

The important thing to know is your order is on the way and with it almost being a week, you will get a ready to collect email shortly.

I would not have mined if CS would have given a email or call to this fact instead of me being constantly on at VF, Im on holiday this weeks and it would have been a perfect time to collect, next week and the following will be impossible to collect. Ill have to cancel the order today and rethink on what phone network to go with. Shame im a gigafast customer and not had any problems with that CS or ordering.

What we see sometimes is that the lead time with online orders can greatly increase quite quickly and change when an order has been placed. 

It depends on supply and demand usually. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.