Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Spending limit reached no previous.

curiousjake
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, I would like to start by saying i have no bars or restrictions on my account and i put a £50 spending limit on my account but i have seemed to have reached my limit even though my account has never spent any. When i spoke to customer service they were "useless" to be polite. I was on the phone for an hour on hold for around 45-50 minutes to be told that my account is fine and their are no problems and that their is nothing they can do.  They told me i have no bars or restrictions and that my account has a spending limit of £50 and no outstanding so there was nothing they can do? has this happened to anyone else? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

From what you write @curiousjake this appears either to be a glitch on your account which should self resolve or Customer services are not looking at it fully.

I'd say persevere either with Customer services on 191 or Live Chat and or raise a complaint via Here. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

no unfortunately not, They cannot seem to see what the problem is they just ask me to try again in a few days and if that does not work that i should contact them again. Honestly the service i have gotten has been horrible, I only needed to use the service for that day and im not interested in using the service anymore. I am debating whether to switch networks. I did get contacted by the complaints team but they want to have a full on chat to open an investigation into it. I have already spent 4-5 hours on the phone about it and seems pointless to waste my time off work repeating myself :(. Thank you for your help, its just a shame i cannot say the same about the network. 

p.s if you googled this thread just give up and save yourself a headache

I appreciate your at the end of your tether with this and as I've said already in my reply the only way to get this resolved is to persevere with customer service's and have that chat.

It's upto you.

I know you mentioned also that's It's not the end of the world and will turn to paying via other methods.

Take care. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I see you have a similar problem with Vodafone as I have. Yesterday I spent 4 hours in tech chat multiple resets of everything thinkable, but I believe it is a problem with the Vodafone system. 
I have the unlimited max plan and when I set a £0 spend limit the system blocks all incoming calls when I am roaming in an included country, all incoming calls are available again if I raise the spend limit. But eventually they get cut off and I receive a text saying I have reached my spend limit of £10, even though there are no charges on my account. It appears that the system builds up a pseudo charge in the background and waives it before the bill is created, so the charge never actually shows. 
No-one in Vodafone tech would believe it is a systemic problem and we’re convinced it was related to my number only. I see that your problem is another manifestation of this issue. Let’s hope that now that I have raised this with complaints that they will start to look at it properly. Removing the spend cap is not the way to fix it.