Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 






Switching numbers betwwen 2 seperate contracts

3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello. I have a contract in my name but my son uses this sim. He has now taken out a contract in his own name and wishes to keep the number he has been using from my contract. I would then bring my number from talkmobile to my contract.

So in summary I transfer my contract phone number to his new contract and I replace it with a number from talkmobile.

Hope that makes sense and is it possible?



17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

A difficult on for sure @PJ152 

There are going to be some complications the new contract is in your Son's name and your contract number is in your name.

You can certainly arrange a change of ownership for your contract number and remaining time left on the contract to your Son, by following this link Change Ownership  this way he would keep the same number.  If the contract is due an upgrade it may be easier to complete this before changing ownership.

As far as the new contract your Son has taken out, is this is in the first 14 days, he may be able to cancel.  If you are out of contact with TalkMobile this will leave you free to take out a new contract and port in the number. As far as is known a change of ownership to your name can't be done until the third month.  The Talk Mobile number is in your name and it may not be possible to move the number to a contract in your Son's name.

I hope I have got this correct but this will be read by the Social Team who I am sure will be able to let you know if there is a better or simpler way to get the numbers and contracts moved.

edited to add @PJ152 if your Son tries to PAC in your contract number to his new contract, there won't be a contract for you to move your TalkMobile number to, plus the fact the number is in your name.  I am sure the information I have given above is correct.

16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I presume, the contract in your Name is still not run its full term.
If you decide to get PAC and transfer it to your Son's Contract, you will still have to pay off the remaining Term.

If it is Out of Contract, then you can just get the PAC and give to your son to use it Online to transfer the Number to his contract.

In both cases, you will need to get a New Contact for yourself to bring over the Talk Mobile Number as when PAC is used, Contract Ends.

3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Thanks for your help. I'm going to cancel the new contract as suggested and sort it that way. 👍