Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

call forwarding

idor
2: Seeker

Any problems with this

call forwarding from o2 contract to vodaphone 30 day sim roaming in turkey using same phone.

it is unlocked.

to be set up before going

15 REPLIES 15

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @idor 

The problem you are going to have is your Vodafone SIM won't be on the UK network and there would be no guarantee the divert would work on the roaming network. It would also be worth asking this question on the O2 forum.

A workaround would be to divert all your O2 calls to voicemail with a personal message to call your Vodafone number or call your O2 voicemail to check for any messages from your Vodafone number.

The forum team will be able to give a definite answer.

idor

just found out 30 day sim does not accept call forwarding

thanks

life is sometimes complicated.

wish i had vodafone now instaed of O2 only another 18 months to go.

back to using a local sim card while in turkey.

when i get home.

mybe i should put my sim in my old s4 (unlocked)

leave it at home  to collect calls and messages and take my huawei for camera and wifi abroad.

AnnS

@idor wrote:

just found out 30 day sim does not accept call forwarding

thanks

I don't think that is correct. 

There is no reason for you being unable to divert calls to a 30 day SIM only contract.  The only tariff where you can't set up a divert is on PAYG where the only divert is to voicemail.

The best thing to do is to wait for the forum team to get to the thread.

chistery
16: Advanced member

If you set the unconditional divert on the O2 number, it shouldn't matter what plan your vodafone one is on, it's just an incoming call.

donnyguy

Exactly what they're saying.

The Vodafone line pays no part here in the divert.

From the O2 line, type in **21* 'The Vodafone Number' then # (e.g. **21*07770XXXXXX#) and then dial it as a number. That's the code to do a divert for all incoming calls.

Then all calls will FWD to the Vodafone number you're planning on using in Turkey.

If it doesn't work then you need to speak to O2. 

PS: To cancel the divert, it's ##21# then dial

Have a great holiday!

Many thanks for the replies.

On the O2 side all was ok with all divert to no.

I asked Vodafone while about to purchase the sim card whether it would accepti the call divert and after deliberation was told no. Sales people mmm

I couldn't see any sense in this .

Thanks 

donnyguy

Although just to add.

If you're basically killing time until your O2 deal is done. Why not just pick up a Vodafone pay as you talk sim and divert your O2 calls to that when you're abroad as the pay as you go also includes Turkey for EU roaming.

Its then up to you whether or not you add a bundle to it or not. Also means you'll have it for any trips you make between now and your O2 contract ending.

Just add a bundle of minutes/texts/data to it each time you travel.

When your home, cancel the diverts and the VF sim can sit in a draw not costing you anything.

Checked one more time glad i did o2 call forwarding would be charging me to forward calls to vodaphone sim as it is in turkey. 

so just because i am roaming with vodaphone so forwarding out of equasion now