Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I need a PUK

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I received my Vodafone SIM (SIM only deal 100gb/£17 per month) - and I'm already regretting leaving EE who I've been with for donkeys years.

I've sent my PAC code as I'm keeping my old EE number.  I set a SIM Lock pin, restarted my phone - only to get a message that my SIM is PUK locked.  I've been trying to get it sorted using the online chat - but that doesn't appear to be working; and there seems to be no other method of getting a PUK.

I don't have a landline, and now I don't have a (working) mobile.  It's only been 6 hours since I received my SIM card , but so far I'm appalled at the poor dire service and the crappy website - which is poorly designed sending you in circles so you end up where you started. 

For instance, I registered for an account, logged in, posted this message, and logged out.  Tried to log in 10 minutes later - only to get a msg that username and\or password not recognised!  This is nonsense as I use a password manager, The only way I got back in is via my internet history.! That's REALLY CONCERNING as it means that I am not logged out when I close the browser window, and I can't find a "log\sign out" link.  The "online chat" also isn't working.  Neither is the "user" symbol in the top right hand corner of the screen.

So, without a landline, and now without a working mobile, there IS NO WAY to get a PUK code - there's not even an email address to write to. (if there is I couldn't find it). Vodafone seem determined to avoid human contact at all costs.

I'm so angry, and wish that I had stayed with EE.  Looks like I'll have to put up with this until the end of the contract.  It' going to be A LONG TWO YEARS.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Not a good first experience at all @Anonymous 

Usually the PUK is supplied by Live Chat  

Sometimes people do experience issues with using Live Chat if any pop up blockers are engaged.

Allowing pop ups and clearing cache and cookies in the browser usually work's and then leave the chat window open until an agent connects.

If a person has set up a myvodafone account when using the temporary number Vodafone gave while awaiting to port their own number from their previous network then when the number has been ported over it's suggest to then set up a new myvodafone with a new email address and password.

There is also the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries who can help. They are the same team that helps on the forum here but can't help with Account Access assistance from here.

I'd suggest Twitter and link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Anonymous 

It looks like you entered a PIN or pattern into the phone whilst you were an EE customer as a security measure for when the SIM was changed.  Unfortunately, the PUK may need to be provided by EE but try Vodafone first.

You don't mention the phone you are using, if this is Android you can unlock the phone through your Google account by going to Find my phone.  When you are able to get into the phone, I would recommend factory resetting to clear out any stored PIN memory and setting the phone up from scratch with Vodafone.

Unfortunately, if the SIM is locked due to you entering the incorrect code more than 5 times, this is going to mean a new replacement SIM from Vodafone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.  It was really helpful.

But it does highlight another problem with Vodafone's service: namely, NONE of the information you've provided, is included with the SIM card when delivered.  For instance, I had to hunt around the website just to find what the default PIN number was for the SIM card - info that EE provide when you get a SIM.

VF needs to up it's game.  I'm seriously considering paying up the contract just to get away from them.

Anyway, thanks again for your reply.