Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC Code

smithyg77
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Had a vodafone contract for the last 17 years. After awful customer service and rising prices I decided to keep my phone and move to another provider.

Went through the hundreds of security questions and was told by an advisor on 8th January (2 days after my contract ended) that they would send my PAC code. Received the new sim from the new provider but was then told I need an NUC code on 10th Jan.

Had to submit form and still not received it after another 4 rounds of chatting to the awful customer service online and entering all the security questions, etc.

Not only do I want to complain but I want to report Vodafone to the regulator as they are not providing the NUC code deliberately in order to keep me paying my bill for as long as possible.

So far this has taken around 6 hours of my day in trying toi resolve something which should be very simple.....

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @smithyg77 

The Pac and Nuc are two separate codes which are not governed by each other.

Vodafone are duty bound to provide the Pac straight away or via text within two hours if you've phoned 191 in order to move your number to another network.

You can even text now via How-do-I-get-a-PAC-or-STAC-code-to-leave-Vodafone. 

Leave your direct debit in place until you pay the final bill which can take 2 to 4 weeks and then until you receive a sorry your leaving letter and a £0 bill.

The Nuc is needed if the phone you have is locked to Vodafone and you want to use your new alternative network sim card in it. Just use the online unlocking form unlock-code-request. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.