Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC unlock not working Huawei p10 lite

taylorsg91
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All,

I realise that there is much on the topic of unlocking phones, however, I can't find anything on Huawei phones. My phone is locked and after requesting two seperate NUC codes it's still not changed. I'm wondering whether other people have had similiar issues?

Also, it doesn't ask for the NUC code when I put in a different sim, but instead for a NCK code. But from my understanding, that's essentially the same thing?  When googling it all I can find it's the same thing, however, when speaking with a customer support advisors on seperate occasions I've been told things ranging from "no clue" to "not a problem we can help you with" and "your phone is already unlocked".  I've been trying to fix this for over 2 months and all I keep getting from Vodafone is NUC will be in touch... But they've not reached out to me and after speaking with someone today I've been told that I'll get a new NUC code and THIS TIME WILL BE DIFFERENT, I PROMISE.... Considering I only have 2 attemps left to unlock my phone and I live in Canada now I'm starting to get a little concerned.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @taylorsg91  not sure if this is your problem but I was under the impression you had to be on the Vodafone network in the UK for the unlock to work, hope I am wrong, one of the team may be able to advise further, try reaching out on twitter or Facebook for help. 

Hi 63johnw,

Thanks for getting back to me. I really hope that's not the case, but I appreciate that you're the first person to actually give me something other than "try another NUC code".

I'll try reaching out to Vodafone on other platforms to see what they say.

Best regards,

Simon

63johnw

Found this @taylorsg91  from an old archived post. 

Vodafone cannot guarantee an unlocking code will work while not in the Uk. A person needs to be in the uk and use an active Non Vodafone SIM card for the code to 100% work. 

do you have any family members back in the UK you could send your phone to for them to try?  This was from 2016 so things may have changed but I haven't seen anything to suggest that. 

BandOfBrothers

@taylorsg91 

A person does need to be in the UK latched onto a UK Network for a Nuc to work.

Vodafone Uk cannot guarantee a Nuc will work if a person is out of the Uk.

The exception is the iPhone as these are centrally unlocked by Apple.

Another option could be to use a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phones or an online unlocking site. Obviously a fee would be incurred.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi BandOfBrothers,

Thanks for your feedback and I thought I'd update you on how things were going on this end.

After the first reply I got to my question on this forum I sent a facebook message to Vodafone and was told that they cannot unlock the phone outside the UK. When I asked what my options were and why they didn't think of telling me about this when I cancelled my contract they didn't offer anything. So, anyway, I spoke to a rep on their website and was told that manually generating a NUC would work. Well, long story short, that didn't work. So I spoke to someone again and was told that doing a factory reset will solve everything......... it didn't. And since I didn't have a new number to change my whatsapp to i've lost access to that which is great.  So today I complained again and said I need help I was sent a new NUC and now my phone is locked and I require an unblock code.  Currently speaking to another rep and seeing what their newest solution is.

Thanks for all your help, it's greatly appreciated. I'll keep you posted just in case someone else has to deal with something similiar in the future.