Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony Xperia XZ3 Code counter is blocked

Houseman20
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

The code counter my Sony Xperia XZ3 is blocked, i.e. 0.

How do I get the handset to accept the unlock code?

5 REPLIES 5

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Houseman20 When you say the code counter is zero, are you saying you've exceeded the maximum amount of attmepts you can have to enter the NUC into your phone? 

Hi, think that is what the counter means. Have to admit I was not aware that there was a counter for the unlocking. It is only subsequently of doing a search that I have found this out. Neither the email from Vodafone or the unlock guide indicated that there were limited number of trials.

Any assistance on how to resolve the problem would be much appreciated.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Houseman20 It might be something that needs to be requested via the Manufacturer by the sounds of it, please can you post a screenshot of the exact error message you're getting when prompted to enter the code? 

Hi, thanks for your reply Josh, as suggested I took some pictures of the screens when entering the code.

I hope this is of help.

Regards.

NUC enteredNUC enteredLock informationLock information

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Houseman20 Please contact our social media team they'll be able to request a master code for you from the manufacturer. Please provide them with the IMEI of the device and NUC that hasn't worked- it normally takes another 10 working days for a response via email 🙂