cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trying to unlock Note 10+ 5g. Got unlock code, but phone keeps asking for PUK for new SIM.

LolM
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Trying to unlock Note 10+ 5g. Got unlock code, but phone keeps asking for PUK for new SIM.  However, when I input the PUK, I get the message "unlock unsuccessful", before I've even tried the unlock code!

14 REPLIES 14

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

This means we've asked the manufacturer for an alternative code - this will be the master code @LolM. Please be aware that when using a master code this may reset your phone to its factory settings, so I'd advise backing up your contents before trying to unlock it with the new code you'll receive soon. 

Posted without comment. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry for the messages you've had in the conversation @LolM. I've made sure the experience you've had has been fed back to my manager - I can only imagine how frustrating this must have been. I can see we've since advised you correctly - if you do need anything else, you know where to find us and we'll be happy to help.

Hi I, I don't want to chase on the Facebook message thread,  because I'll just end up answering the same questions again, but could you find out for me what's happened with this,  please? 

Thanks. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@LolM I can see we've got your recent message over on Messenger. As we'll need to complete security to check on the progress of this for you, we'll get this resolved for you from there :Thumbs_Up: Please be aware it can take 10 working days for us to receive the master code from the manufacturer.