Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock Apple 6 plus

Peaofsweetness
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I’ve given my old iPhone 6 Plus to my daughter.  We found it was locked to Vodafone.  I completed the form asking for the Unlock Code.  Today I have received an email saying to insert the non Vodafone SIM card and set up the phone.  However, the phone doesn’t work with the new SIM.  Can anybody please advise.  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @Peaofsweetness 

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting a Nuc {unlocking code} like other phone models are, but instead is unlocked remotely by Apple themselves and their Database.

So no actual Nuc is sent by Vodafone UK. 

The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request which I see Vodafone have indeed sent.

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage when Vodafone email you. 

What happens is Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take Apple approximately from a few days upto a further 30+ days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network. 

To complete the process please periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process. 

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Peaofsweetness 

That email is so misleading, it could be better worded by VF.  It basically means Vodafone have submitted the request to Apple and are waiting for Apple to process the unlock on database.

Just keep trying an alternative SIM in the phone or synchronise to itunes to complete the unlocking process until you receive the message on the screen to the effect the phone is unlocked.