cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why is my phone blocked to other networks?

Amski
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My Samsung J4+ is showing a message "SIM network PIN blocked.  Enter SIM network PUK."  I've tried all the guides from Vodafone and Virgin (new SIM provider) with out any luck.  Virgin have even sent a new SIM that I've tried today with the same loop going on.  What do I need to do to be able to make my new SIM work?  From reading old posts this is not a new problem so why is it still happening years on?  We have 3 other contracts with Vodafone that we will move if Vodafone won't unblock my phone, surely this should be simple?!

Any help please?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Have you asked for your Nuc from Vodafone and used it to unblock your phone so it'll work with all network sim cards @Amski  ?

Vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request. 

A PUK is to unblock a sim when the sim pin security feature has been turned On and then the person inputs the 4 digit pin code too many times.

If you have and the Nuc isn't working then as your wanting to unblock a Samsung phone you may also need a MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code which is available via speaking with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi @BandOfBrothers, I have a NUC but the phone wont accept it as it's asking for the SIM Network PUK to unblock the network!  You're probably right, that the incorrect code has been entered too many times, so I'll follow your advice and contact Vodafone for an MCK.  I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for your reply

Amski