Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lumia 930

Widdy1961
8: Helper

Got a Lumia 930 on Contract, not quite 1 year old and last week the earphone packed up, I could use loudspeaker to hear the calls but the Microphone did not work (external one).

Took it to Voda shop and they sent it for repair, lending me a steam powered Samsung thing, with no wi-fi, internet or screen I could see......anyhow, got my phone back today, a brand spanking new one........made my first call and guess what, the [Removed in line with House Rules] Microphone don't work, they couldn't hear me, works OK on Loudspeaker though.

Shop is closed now, so off I go again tomorrow but, I will refuse to have another Nokia/Microsoft Lumia, they are the biggest pile of crap ever.

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Thats got to be bad luck. :Sad_face:

I've used the 1020,520 and 425 without issue. 

I understand you losing faith and confidence in your phone but Vodafone wouldn't usually replace the ohone for another model unless the current model was discontinued and no longer have a pool of stock. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Widdy1961
Hi
I have a Lumia 920 which is great, no problems, unfortunately it's locked to o2 (GiffGaff)

I have just been reading about the 930 and it appears that Microphone and Earphone are a known hardware problem with this phone, one guy is on his 8th 930 in the past 7 months.

It's not really bad luck but a known issue, I just hope all the stock has gone, not only can I not use the replacement phone ( used loosely) they supply, I have to pay petrol and parking to get to the store and continue to pay £30 p/m for the privilege.

One saving grace is, I still have some credit left on my payg GiffGaff Lumia 920.

I'm contemplating getting another second hand phone and using that with the Vodafone sim, the 930 can go under the cars front wheel.

What makes it worse is, I have over a year left before I can upgrade but, you can betcha ut won't be a Windows Phone.

BandOfBrothers

When it's repaired you could sell it on I suppose and use the funds to buy an alternative.

I should point out -> With phones supplied by Vodafone the T&C state that at least 6 payments have to be made to own the phone and be able to dispose of the hardware. 

The only drawback I've had with Windows phones is Apps that I want to use either being updated or available in the App Store. 

The 1020 I used for a fortnight for a review and then sent it back. 

My partner has used the other two and she is now wanting to move to android. She likes her games which are found to be wanting on the phones she has. 

Current Phone  >

To be fair, I have had Lumia 800 and 920 and loved them both, which is why I went for the 930, if I had realised the hardware problems, I would have gone for something else.

I feel that Vodafone MUST know about the hardware issues, so it begs the question of why they continue to sell it, surely they ought to have withdrawn it (I don't have a problem with Vodafone btw).

It's a real ballache to get to the Shop from my home, which is why I am so mad...........all I can hope is, that I get one which works for a bit longer than 1 hour next time.

I have been scanning eBay and noticed a couple of cheap 520's which I may be tempted by, just in case any more replacements take a dump.

Well it's back to the shop, saw the same guy who dealt with me originally and he was gobsmacked.......really apologetic, although I told him it wasn't his fault, it was a problem with the phone itself.

It transpires that, seeing as the repair centre sent me out a brand new phone which didn't work, the replacement now will be issued by Nokia (well Microsoft seeing as Nokia was bought by them), so will it be a Nokia Lumia or a Microsoft Lumia?

He also put a note in to get this sorted asap and that I was not best pleased with the poor reliability of the handset........so apart from the fact my phone is gone, it was quite a pleasure to deal with the staff there. (wish I had taken his name)

BandOfBrothers

I wish you all the best. 

Looking forward to a positive upgrade. 

Current Phone  >

I've owned a Nokia Lumia 930 since the day they were released. I've never had a single issue with it.

I am currently testing the Windows 10 software which is coming on really nicely. Not really daily driver ready but getting there!

Hopefully you will get a trouble free replacement?

I love the camera on the 930, it's awesome... :smileyhappy:

I'll swap mine for yours :Winking_smiley:

thesoupdragon

You never know, MS might give you a 950XL, :smileysurprised:

Wink.gif