Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch cellular not working

Chapmanlisa11
2: Seeker

So I am having real issues and no one seems to be able to help

On 19th Dec I switched from giff gaff to vodaphone on my phone purely for Apple Watch cellular plan

I requested cellular data plan for watch on 3rd Jan

Set up was fine but cellular not working, cellular icon white but would not turn green and did not work away from phone (I have pictures)

Called on Sunday 5th was told I would get a call back,, had a call back but missed it

Called again on Wednesday 8th to follow up, was told they needed EID which I provided, was then told it would be sorted and that I would get a call back. Received call back to say should be working, but it was not. Was told I would get a call back, didn’t.

Called on Thursday 9th morning to follow up, got a text back with steps to request Sim swap. Did this and received email to say would take 24 hours. It did not, phone now showing as no sim

Friday 10th evening called again, was taken through steps over the phone to disconnect watch, restart watch, and then request Sim swap again, was told to wait 24 hours

Sat 11th nothing had happened, watch still showing as no sim, chatted help desk, told it would be put trough as priority that day

Sunday 12th afternoon still nothing. Watch still showing as no sim, chatted again told it would be done by end of day as priority. This time asked for reference number

Monday morning 13th still nothing, watch showing as no SIM

Raised a complaint 

Had a call that day to say had been sorted, it had not, was due to get a call back didn’t

I called back in the evening, the person I spoke to was able to put me through to a lady who updated my one number on my watch and told me she added the data plan, she told me to turn watch off, wait 15 mins and should be working.  While I was waiting  the man called me back to ask if it was working? He said I now needed to unpair and re-pair the watch so turned it back on and did that. Now still not working and in account setting now showing phone and watch as two different numbers again?!?!

Called back again, a new lady told me that a sim swap would need to be requested and that I needed to wait 24 hours???. I’m getting quite upset at this point as have spent my whole evening on phone to vodaphone. I asked if it could be done straight away as it had been earlier that evening, I was told no but I would get a call back within two hours

Received call to confirm sim swap, taken through steps to reset watch and also to reset network setting on phone. This time phone app showed vodaphone under mobile data but with the heading not in use a and message saying unable to configure data plan. Wastold I would get a call back at 8am the next day

Tuesday 14th. Did not receive call, so called again at 8:30 told sim swap had not gone through completely, told to wait for two hours then unpair and repair watch and I should have signal on watch

Did as instructed, Watch still showing as no sim and no data plan. Called again and instructed to request a sim swap and wait 24 hours, asked if I could get a call back in two hours but didn't get one. Am now being charged for a data plan I can't use. Watch still shows as no sim and plan shows on my phone app as not in use?

No one seems able to do anything, please help 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Sadly your not alone with real issues having this type of connection  sorted out @Chapmanlisa11 

Unfortunately there is no account access via this forum anymore so you would need to contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries for further support.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Pein-Indeass

This was just as if I had written it myself, I have  had exactly the same experience.

My Son, who is with EE had his set up & working within 10 minutes, what is it with Vodafone & their inability to sort what is a relatively simple task & constantly get it wrong.

I have been a loyal customer of Vodafone since 1991 and this fiasco is about to put an end to that relationship if it isn't sorted.

I can't be the only one!