Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Consumer Law Claim for iPhone 6 plus

Nasona
2: Seeker

Dear Sir

Under the  UK Consumer Rights Act 2015 I have a right of compensation for manufacturing defects.

Apple has acknowledged the defect with the  iPhone 6+ handset and have confirmed that I'm entitled to a consumer law claim with the original vendor - Vodafone.  I have now had two Iphone 6 plus with the grey flickering screen caused by a chip inside the device that becomes dislodged. Apple agree that it is a manufacturing issue. Yet I've been given the complete run around by both Apple and Vodafone.

I would like to bring this to a speedy conclusion. 

18 REPLIES 18

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Vodafone apply a 24 month manufacturing warranty on iPhone's supplied by them. 

Have you asked for the iPhone to be looked at via a Vodafone High street Store and them sending it off. 

I'm not sure about compensation but you do have certain avenues within the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Nasona As mentioned by @BandOfBrothers, Apple phones purchased through us come with a 24 month warranty. 

I'm sorry to see you're iPhone 6+ is currently having some trouble, rest assured, we'd be happy to help with this. 

So we're able to assist you with a repair, please see here 🙂

DibsFlinders

Good luck getting this sorted out! I have a faulty IPad and booked it into my local Apple store in Cambridge who confirmed that it was a genuine hardware fault and both visually and mechanically my iPad was perfect. Neither the Vodafone store nor online seem to accept their legal responsibilities in dealing with out of contact equipment, sending me back to Apple, Someone at Vodafone needs to take this onboard before it costs them lost business. Try your local trading standards officer if you don’t get anywhere, BBC TV and harsh but honest comments on social networking. Vodafone have a legal responsibility under English consumer protection legislation for up to 6 yeras

Yes agree-Apple have confirmed to me that I have a consumer law claim

2 faulty Apple 6 plus with exactly the same manufacturing fault which they have also acknowledged. But you enter the circle of hell as Apple pass you to Vodaphone and Vodaphone pass you to Apple. Apple claim their repair was a service and therefore not covered by the law which is spurious to say the least -I’m hoping Vodaphone shoulder their responsibility 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DibsFlinders We can take a closer look at your iPad and assess what may be causing the issue. Our advisers in store will need to troubleshoot the tablet for you and can arrange for a repair if needed. However as you've mentioned that this is out of warranty, a charge may be applied.

Once our Repairs team have taken a look at the iPad, you'll then receive an update on any charges and what may be causing the issue. You then have the option to accept or reject the quote that they provide.

@Nasona Were you able to arrange a repair for your phone through the information provided by @BandOfBrothers and @Alex?

I would really appreciate some help from Vodaphone on this issue- so please get in touch

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Nasona Have you looked into a repair for your device yet? Please let us know 🙂

Alex

Thanks for getting in touch.  I paid for two repairs with Apple - one costing me GB149 or so and the second one a similar amount three months later. What I would appreciate is Vodaphone reimbursing me for these payments to Apple - which were entirely due to the defects of the phone. So that I'm not left out of pocket. Apple believe by claiming the payments were service repairs they do not need to conform to UK/EU law. Which i believe is legally, morally and financially wrong

many thanks

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Nasona - So we can look into this with you, please see the private message I've just sent to you.