Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Error 4300 on app

brakeman
4: Newbie

Had to reinstall iOS on iPhone 5s and now get the dreaded error 4300 message. Have deleted app from iPhone storage and installed completely new copy but always get the same error. Any tried and tested solution please?

31 REPLIES 31

Cheers Ann, I will have to make a twitter account when i can face getting involved with vodafone again. I hadnt wanted to do that, hence the previous choices to speak to a "live advisor" online. Why do Vodafone employ these people? Two hours of my life I cant get back and of course on the first occasion, being impressed by Rukmani's apparent sincerity I marked him a 10 on the survey that arrived immediately after he "helped" me. On the second chat, with Ana, the conversation ended with her soft-soaping me with " thank you it's a real pleasure chatting with a customer who is so understanding. Dont worry, the app will work perfectly in two hours." Needless to say I didnt complete the customer satisfaction survey that arrived after that chat. My reply was along the lines of "I hope you are more trustworthy than yesterday's adviser Ana". Hmmm ...

PS resetting network settings didnt help either

AnnS
17: Community Champion

It's a difficult one for sure @brakeman 

Lets hope the Social Media Team have success where live chat failed.

not made any easier by the cavalier way in which the advisers nonchalantly fob one off with nonsense.  Their initial response both times was downright wrong (i.e saying the only reason my app had stopped working was that Vodafone was upgrading it). i got a bit more cooperation the second time when i pointed out that she was simply repeating the previous guy's nonsense. she started to look into it then but still ended up getting rid of me with the "two hours and it'll be perfect" nonsense.

A catch up on this. To date i've spent a total of a couple of hours trying to get this fixed via live advisers and then via 191. All to no avail despite assurances at the end of every interaction that the issue would now be fine. The app is still not working, still showing error 4300 ("we are experiencing technical difficulties, retry in 10 seconds etc). If I had a pound for every time i have deleted and reinstalled the app I could take you all out for a decent meal.

The My Vodafone account has been reset, I re-registered anew, and despite every single adviser contradicting the advice previously given and assuring me that this latest advice would restore the app the issue persists, so to save my sanity I have given up and awarded Vodafone all zeros across the survey they send immediately after telling you they've fixed your problem. So I shall have to so without the app and go through the rigmarole of signing in online to MV when i need to check my usage and credit and top ups etc. I see from online searches that I am far from alone in this problem and some have been persisting in trying to get a fix for acouple of years. That seems to tell me that Vodafone are wasting an awful lot of money on employing advisers and techies who aren't up to maintaining their own products. That money is then obviously recouped from the users. Thank sanyway to all the volunteers who have sincerely tried to help on here. Cheers.

AnnS

Hi @brakeman 

It's unbelievable to hear that Customer Services cannot get this solved for you.

As a final suggestion, you could follow the complaints process and include a link to this thread with the email Vodafone Complaints 

Hi Ann, yes I'll try that when I get the strength to receive more time-wasting from them. The process is exhausting and made worse by the absolute positive assurances at every contact with them that they have fixed the problem and if I just get off the line and wait or re-register or sit tight it will work. I see from online searches that this is an old problem for many of their customers. I also see that one person was fobbed off with "well it's a free app so if it doesn't work it doesn't matter". The point here being that nothing is free. We all ultimately pay for the live advisers and the call centres. Anyway, thanks once more for pointing me to the next step. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I can check on the progress of your query with us @brakeman - I've not been able to find your message to us. If you're still experiencing issues, please reply back to our latest message with your Community username with a link to your post and I'll be able to track this down :Thumbs_Up:

Hi Natasha, community name is the one you addressed me by, i.e brakeman and this is the link to the thread

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/iOS/Error-4300-on-app/m-p/2651464#M87973

Thanks for any help you might have to get my app working. Before you ask I have already spoken to two live advisers, then a twitter adviser, and then on two occasions two phone advisers including a supervisor. Each person advised me that the problem would be rectified as described in the thread.

PS Natasha, in addition to that i also emailed the app developers by email and received the reply that my query would be addressed by the tech team and i would hear from them. I haven't, of course.