Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Failed phone calls on being answered

NickRichardson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

When I make a phone call it rings the number but as it’s answered the call disconnects and a call failed message appears! 
iphone 13 pro max

5 REPLIES 5

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @NickRichardson - I know how important it is to stay connected and I'm sorry you're having some issues with your calls. 

Is this happening on all your calls and have you made any recent changes to your phone or SIM?

If you think this may be related to the network in your area, rather than your phone or SIM, please follow these Network Troubleshooting Steps.  

My phone has been doing this a lot the past couple of months and is getting worse. (iPhone 11 max pro) It has also started happening on my daughters phone. Not good if she needs to get hold of me in an emergency. Vodafone are sending me a new sim. Maybe that will work. Happens everywhere I go, so not an issue related to location. Funnily enough, it also just happened on my work phone (also on Vodafone) I believe there’s a technical issue with the network we aren’t being told about. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rogermorten - I’m sorry to hear this is impacting yourself and your daughter. I can understand how important it is to be able to keep in touch.

Please let us know if the new SIM helps. If it doesn’t then please monitor if this happens when you’re both calling a certain number, or is the number you’re calling in the same location of where it keeps happening?

Thank you for your reply. The new sim has been in one day and I’ve had the same issue a few times. As has my daughter. We haven’t been dealing the same number, and we haven’t been in the same location. It seems to happen at random times, to different numbers, and in different places. Also, since the new sim has been in, my data seems to struggle opening new emails. It does it, but very slowly, despite having 4 bars signal strength. I’m hoping this isn’t another iPhone 6 thing! Am I being pushed into upgrading my phone when I shouldn’t need to??? I may have to, but only after I’ve been on holiday and been able to use my tarif abroad at no extra cost, as I’m sure if I upgrade my phone I lose free roaming abroad????

Thanks for getting back to us @Rogermorten - I'm sorry you're still having issues with your new SIM. 

Please follow these Network Troubleshooting steps and if you still need help after this, please post the template as instructed and we'll be able to look into it.

In regards to your roaming options, you can pop the country in our Travelling Abroad charge checker, and you can see a list of inclusive plans. You can also see it on your My Vodafone app under Your Plan and it'll show what roaming options are included.