Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Issues with 4G during long calls on iPhone

Batman8212
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Has anyone else had problems with 4G during long calls on iPhone 15 Plus ? 

I’ve noticed that if a call lasts over 20 minutes and I move out of Wi-Fi range, my phone doesn’t switch to 4G. The 4G symbol disappears from the top of the screen and the connection only returns once I end the call. Even if I manually turn off Wi-Fi during the call, the 4G connection doesn’t activate.

In other cases, when I start a call with mobile data (disabled Wi-Fi), the 4G works fine at first but becomes very slow after about 30 minutes and then cuts off completely shortly afterwards. The 4G symbol disappears, despite toggling mobile data off and on during the call, it doesn’t come back. Once I end the call, 4G symbol and connection reappear immediately.

Vodafone says it’s an Apple issue, while Apple insists it’s Vodafone problem 🙈

Has anyone else experienced this ? Any solutions or advice ?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You could get the phone checked out via an Apple Stores in-house genius bar , and try your sim card in another phone as a process of elimination @Batman8212 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, thanks for the information. Unfortunately it happens on another iPhone too, apple has tested the phone and found no faults with it. 

japitts
4: Newbie

Is the call dropping when you say that 4G doesn't "activate"? What do you mean by "activate" and/or "connection only returns"?

Are you talking about the ability to use mobile data whilst on the call?

Is the call dropping when you say that 4G doesn't "activate"? What do you mean by "activate" and/or "connection only returns"?

The telephone call doesn't drop out. During long calls 4G cuts off and it doesn't return back while on the call. Once i end the call the "Connection" returns (4G) back to normality. 

Are you talking about the ability to use mobile data whilst on the call?

Yes 

I suspect the call maybe handing down from 4G > 2G, thus explaining the loss of in-call data.