Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My contract has been extended without my consent

R93fisher
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I got a phone call a few days ago after I had been going over my 2gb of data limit saying I could get 16gb while using an NHS discount which would take the new bill down to 80p over my current deal. I thought that was great as I wouldn't ever go over that amount and be charged for the extra data like I had been doing. Since this however I received an email from Vodafone with my new plan that is £48 (before I was going to apply NHS discount). On this plan it states it will be ending in 2019, an extra 2 years or so!!! 

After seeing this and being extremely shocked I realised my contract should end this year! After thinking back to last year I got a similar call which I seem to remember increased my bill with an addition of data or calls or texts which I then cancelled as I was being charged too much. I've now realised that this must have extended my contract as well!!!! so all in all my initial contract should of ended this year 2017. It then must have been increased WITHOUT my knowledge last year or so, and AGAIN over the last few days. I am furious that this has been allowed to happen as not once was I told my contract would be extended and I would be paying all this money in 2 years time for a handset that will be around 4 years old!!!! Im sure this can be sorted as soon as possible as Vodafone pride themselves on customer service which was one reason I signed up!!

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @R93fisher

Ive seen a few similar posts to yours involving extensions of contract end dates @R93fisher

This does typically turn out to be that the original contract has been adjusted in some way in relation to the original allowances. 

I totally agree with you that if any changes are going to affect a contract length of term then the agent has to be transparent and clearly point this out so the Account Holder can make an informed decision. 

My suggestion would be to ring Customer Services On 191 where they can look at any logged Account Notes and investigate. 

I hope this is resolved amicably for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks I'll be calling them today 👍

This has happened to me twice on two sim only deals. Both contracts were due to expire last month now end in around 6 months time. Both times I asked specifically if it would extend my contract and both times I was told it wasn’t. 

I believe they got around it with me as I can upgrade fairly easily with a sim only deal, but upgrading and having your contract expiring with the option to go elsewhere are two very different things, that these Vodafone agents dont seem to grasp. 

The thing is my “free” Spotify wasn’t given to me for a year which was advertised, instead ran out on my initial contract expiry date which stopped me ringing up in the first few weeks to cancel the contract. 

Im lucky in the sense that I got a fairly good deal, but I was mislead and so will cancel both contracts when they end. After the farce iPhone 7 Plus release last year that forced me to buy the device elsewhere and go sim only this Will bring the end to Vodafone for me after 15plus years.