Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM card

LRM
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have lost my SIM card, but my friend has one and he has not used it and I would like to know if I can use his SIM card to replace my number on it.

Thanks for your time and I will wait for the answer.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Unfortunately not @LRM 

Your friend already has a number assigned to it.

The only time a number can be overridden is if a person is using a temporary phone number while a person ports their own number from another network to Vodafone.

You'll need to contact customer services and ask for a blank sim card and then perform a sim swap.

Sim Swap. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/ 

Or Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Ask customer service to stop your old sim card to stop unauthorised usage and place a bar on your account.

when the new sim arrives you may then need to ask Vodafone to lift any bar.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It was a temporary number, now the SIM card is not working, because he is in Brazil and now I do need my SIM card and he offers his card to me. Understood?

BandOfBrothers

When I speak of a temporary number this is when a person in the Uk joins Vodafone on a  contract and Vodafone issue a temporary number while that person uses a Pac to move their mobile phone number from their old UK network to that Vodafone UK Contract.

I'm assuming this isn't the case with you situation.

You won't be abke to use your friends Vodafone sim card from Brazil.

You would need to either consider my advice in my 1st reply and or contact Vodafone UK via the ways I mention.

Vodafone UK is not linked to other countries who use the Vodafone Brand name.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.