cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voicemail - how do I prevent messages being left?

capguy
1: Seeker

I want to use a prerecorded message as my greeting when my phone is turned off, and also prevent people leaving a voicemail.   I'm sure this must be possible, but I'm struggling to find the right combination of settings 🙄 

4 REPLIES 4

Steph

Hey @capguy I hope you're doing well 😊

You can either set up a custom voicemail recording but people can still leave messages, or you can completely switch voicemail off. There isn't an option to set up voicemail and stop people leaving messages as the core function of the voicemail service is to allow people to leave you a message if you can't answer their call. 

If you don't want anyone to leave you a voicemail then switching the service off would be the best idea. Alternatively, you can state in your recording to not leave you a message 🙂 

Hi Steph,

Thank you very much for your reply to capguy, this is the help I was looking for.

I was hoping Vodafone would permit us to have a message without VM but I get this is not possible.

It would be a good suggestion for your product team.

Another thing that would be helpful to suggest to your product team would be to add all the VM configuration options in the Vodafone app or our account section on the Vodafone website.

I am looking to turn VM off and I cannot figure out how to do this.

Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thank you, Steph,

Henri

garetc
12: Established
12: Established

1210 - turns off voicemail completely 

1211 - turns it back on

Thank you, Garetbe