Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voicemails cut off caller

KathySapsed
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

When on a call,  if another callers rings me and leaves a voicemail that voicemail then cuts iff the current call.    Is there a way to stop this?   I need callers to be ablw to leave voicemails.

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @KathySapsed 

The first question to ask is if you are on PAYG or Contract?

I would look at your divert settings on your phone and make sure divert when unanswered if enabled, if you are on PAYG, you would only be able to divert to voicemail.

Also, do you have call waiting activated?  This may be this is kicking in.  There is further information here:  How do I set up or cancel call waiting?

There would also be a setting on your phone in call settings.

Thanks for the quick response.  I will try these.

Hi

Did you ever get a response to this and did it work for you. I have an issue whereby when on a call, if someone rings and leaves a voice message, the current call is disconnected. If I ring the person on the original call back the Voicemail again cancels the call. This is continuous until I listen to voice message first. I have lived with this but now getting very frustrated with it. 

I did call Apple and explained the issue some time back and they said it was a carrier setting/issue and I spoke to Vodafone but issue still occurring. I have a Pay Monthly plan on an iPhone XR. 

Can someone assist with this please otherwise I will look to another provider.

Kevin

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @russkev, It looks like the steps laid out by AnnS helped previously, have you tried these? If not, follow the simple steps for activate call waiting in our online guide and let us know how you get on.

Hi @Mark

Thanks for that. My Call waiting was enabled so have disabled. Its a pain as I often want to join 2 or 3 callers together who call in and I merge the calls. Not sure if this will work from now on.?

I will test and see but dont think this is going to work for me. Essentially if I'm on a call and someone else calls and I dont pick up and they then leave a VM, my existing call will keep cutting until I listen to the Voice message. Its a real pain when on work/urgent calls. I did call Apple and discuss but they suggested it was related to the carrier settings.

Good morning 

did you solve this problem with your voice messages dropping you current call? Mine has been doing it for months and it drives me insane.

Hi

Well I followed the setup and disabled the call Waiting setting Settings --> Phone --> Call Waiting --> Disable. At present I have not had an issue however I'm not actually sure I've had an opportunity to test. Also not sure if it may have been resolved by the latest iOS 14.5.1.

I did contact Apple support about this and they stated that this was a carrier issue and not phone setting which made sense. Its very frustrating when it happens. I will have to give it a test and get my other half to call me when I'm on phone to someone else.

Will update this is I can test it.