Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone issues

Framjie
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My iPhone has developed a fault it will not let me answer calls whilst I’m using apps it doesn’t even ring I only know I’ve had calls when I go into my messages and see I’ve missed them can anyone help please 

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Is this happening everywhere you go @Framjie 

Perhaps try a soft reboot by turning the iPhone On and Off.

If you can’t make or receive calls on your iPhone. 

Status-checker 

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone to help rule out the phone or sim card.?

Another option is to hook up to iTunes and restore.

An Apple Store Genius Bar could take a look.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes it happens where ever I am I’ve tried turning it off and on and re checked all my settings 

BandOfBrothers

Have you been able to try your sim card in another phone and maybe another sim card in your phone as that process of elimination.

Please do look at the links I've added.

A restore via iTunes may help.

If you don't have an Apple Store local then pop into a Vodafone Highstreet Store who'll be able to help @Framjie 

Edit > if you've downloaded any recent apps then one of these could be causing issues.

Check any do not disturb type settings.

🌈Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Framjie 

It would be worth posting the problem on the Apple Community forum where you will get a better response.  

Where Vodafone are concerned calls take priority over internet or applications, and there should be no reason to be able to answer an incoming call. 

I would recommend going the back up and restore to your Apple account, this may clear out any bug preventing you from answering an incoming call whilst using an application. 

Thank you every one 

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Framjie 

I hope you've found my responses OK.

I've helped on the Apple forum myself when I used iPhone's for several years.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

I think I will go into Vodafone shop when I’m able to as I think it’s a fault that has developed the phone is less than a year old and despite phoning vodaphone multiple times there are other issues I need to sort 

BandOfBrothers

Sure they'll be able to take a look at the iPhone and they could offer to send it away @Framjie 

If they do and you have an Apple Store then I'd suggest to pop in there as they do most of this diagnostic work in-house at the genius bar.

If not then take some time and stamp dated pictures of the iPhone with one of it turned On to prove it's aesthetic condition and ask the Vodafone Shop employee to make a note of it's condition on the stores notes.

I wish you all the best with the other issues you need help with. They probably won't be able to help with account issues however .

Take care and 🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >